Reha throw the game or did McMinn step up?

athlete12

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not know for sure by anymeans...But I did talk to someone at this game and they said it looked like both teams, especially Rhea could have been playing to lose and not fooled anyone. They said it was turnovers left and right and no one looked like they wanted it. That is in addition to hearing Rhea's Coach ask another Coach in District 6 where he wanted to finish. The Coach responded I want to get first in my District. And Rhea's Coach answerd that he wanted to finish out of Bradley's bracket to give his team a chance at Sub-state.

I don't think any coach would lose a game on purpose. Heard Rhea hit 15 three's and that JuJuan went off -scored close to 40. Loser gets 27-4 Chattanooga Brainerd-yeah right -could of played the owls- the owls someone rhea already beat. But didn't Rhea beat Brainerd last year or the year before @ Brainerd in the regionals.Nice opening game 5th ranked vs 9th ranked.

Rhea doesnt have a chance against Brainard? Yeah, right! Hope that pretty record of Brainards gives them some comfort once their season is over. Rhea County has won just as many games as Brainard, but they have played more games and a harder schedule. And, by the way the reference to throwing the game and "getting" to play Brainard is not made to say that Brainard is not any good. It's reference is the fact that Brainard is not in the same league as Bradley (which they arent) and out of the two nobody in their right mind would rather play Bradley. It should be a good game, but Rhea has to many offensive weapons. Rhea County by 8.

i was at the game. with 2.1 seconds to go,mcminn ball on side court(down by 3) it did look like rhea wasn't ready to play or wasn't trying.but smith #5 for mcminn is an excellent ball player!

- one suggestion i heard at the 5-aaa district tournement is ...to only have the top 3 teams advance to the region with the top teams getting a bye. that would make the 3 and 4 seeded game mean something.

trust me!!! reah co. threw the game!!! the boy was shooting free throws and tried to miss the first one and it went in and he looked over at is coach and threw up his hands and started laughing!!! i heard the coach say after the first free throw say come on miss it!!! then when they go to a 2-3 zone with 2 seconds left and dont even contest the shot!!! you cant tell me they werent trying to lose!!! everyone in thee gym knew it!!!