Wat do yall think about Dyersburg's team this year

squirrel

Cole Shelton ,by far, is the cornerstone of the team. As the kids call him ,"C-Smooth" ,will be gravely missed on the baseball diamond come next season. Dyersburg may not win the district or the region but they will win in the leadership category with Cole at the helm of their ship. Also, who can forget that diamond in the rough,Bradley Greer? This sophmore third baseman is scrappy and has a keen eye for playing the ball off the bat to the hot corner. With his thick frame, Greer will surely be heard coming out of farmer's mouths in the field and alumni talking around the water coolers.

Tettleton is a force to be reckoned with,but keep in mind he is a freshman.Dyersburg is deep on the bench with 4 third basemen: Jeremy Burris, Steven Brown,Bradley Greer, and Cody Tettleton. So i wouldnt call him a lock for third. Also keep in mind Coach Tom Mathis isnt very favorable about playing young players over seniors and other Trojan baseball veterans. It will be an intresting situation to watch though. Also as Chip10 mentioned, they do have 8 seniors with all of them playing on the Dixie Youth Tennesee State Championships team a couple of years back. I know it was Dixie Youth but these youngsters have been together for over 10 years climbing the baseball ladder. The Dyersburg High School team will definately make a statement this year.

Dyersburg might win the district if north side and jcm have down years but they will not make it out of regions. Don't get me wrong they have some talent just not enough. That is how it's always been at Dyersburg.Talent but not enough character and leadership.

Edited by jw02