Oak Ridge vs. Sevier County

TheQuestion9

Region 2 is without a doubt the strongest Region in the state and it is unfortunate that only 2 teams will advance. This Region offers more quality match-ups than any other region. There are four teams that have been consistently ranked in the top ten throughout the season and each has dealt a loss to its distict opponent. Here is my breakdown of the Region.

I don't believe that Powell has much left, they peaked too early. Powell has had arguably the best season in the school's history, even better than the '89 boy's team that was smacked down by Anfernee "Penny" Hardaway in the "Round of Four". Powell will win in the first round only to be bounced by SCHS in the semis. A great season for a great group of girls.

Heritage couldn't have gotten rougher road. Heritage will walk in the first round but Cait the Great will have a hard time against the Wildcats and Coach Pruden. Defense and rebounding win championships. There will be too much defense for Cait to deal with. OR comfortably in the semis over Heritage.

OR and SCHS are playing well right now. Heritage and Powell learned that the hard way this weekend. Plus they have the added experience of coaches who have been to this level over and over and who can prepare a team to win in tournament play (even if that team doesn't bring its A game).

I see OR and SCHS playing for the Region Championship with OR prevailing and SCHS going to the "Sub-State" as a 2 seed.

Good Luck to all involved.

Edited by TheQuestion9

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must have a crystal ball locked up in your closet to make such bold picks in this region. I can't believe that you would discount the Lady Panthers, one of the best teams in the state. SCHS, if they get out of the first round, won't stand a chance against the Lady Panthers.

As for "Cait the Great" don't be so flippant with your titles. She is a superb athlete and will easily take apart the Lady Wildcats. Cait is one of the best athletes ever in the state of Tennessee, and she will have a better career than any of those pretenders from Middle and West TN.

Geno's just chompin' at the bit thinking about the next Diana that will skip k-town and head north to the frozen tundra.

My crystal ball works like a charm. Look at the box scores:

OR wins big!!

Heritage wins big!!

SCHS a solid perfomance!!

Powell escapes with a win!!

Mark my words the SCHS/ OR game will be a classic.

Don't count your chickens so early........the Lady Panthers are just fine. They are ready to finish strong in the regionals. Don't be suprised if you see Powell vs. Heritige in this year's classic.

My crystal ball works like a charm.  Look at the box scores:

OR wins big!!

Heritage wins big!!

Don't count your chickens so early........the Lady Panthers are just fine. They are ready to finish strong in the regionals. Don't be suprised if you see Powell vs. Heritige in this year's classic.

Well we won't be seeing that this year. Sevier Co. will come out to play hard tomorrow. And from the looks of it powell is in a struggle right now. South Doyle all most beat them with a bricked shot by buley with 5 seconds on the clock. SC has waxed them each time they have played. either way not taking anything away from powell is good. but Sevier Co. is consistant. SC by 7

You must have a crystal ball locked up in your closet to make such bold picks in this region.  I can't believe that you would discount the Lady Panthers, one of the best teams in the state.  SCHS, if they get out of the first round, won't stand a chance against the Lady Panthers.

As for "Cait the Great" don't be so flippant with your titles.  She is a superb athlete and will easily take apart the Lady Wildcats.  Cait is one of the best athletes ever in the state of Tennessee, and she will have a better career than any of those pretenders from Middle and West TN.

Geno's just chompin' at the bit thinking about the next Diana that will skip k-town and head north to the frozen tundra.

yo lollipop dude...ur stupid for having the name is the first place ...and ur really stupid for putting sc out...if they make it past the 1st round//? are u serious..ur talkin about the 2002 state champs..and they made it to state last year only to fall short...and ur saying if they make it past the 1st round? well they did..and i admit Powell is one of the better teams in the state but sc is even better...they have been there and done that many times throughout the years...Powell has been on a slide lately and i dont look for them to get back up quick enough for sc....sc will be to much to handle with there press.....im calling sc by 10....and ill even say that sc will play Oak Ridge in the champ. now that will be a real game there!

Edited by cf1414

You must have a crystal ball locked up in your closet to make such bold picks in this region.  I can't believe that you would discount the Lady Panthers, one of the best teams in the state.  SCHS, if they get out of the first round, won't stand a chance against the Lady Panthers.

As for "Cait the Great" don't be so flippant with your titles.  She is a superb athlete and will easily take apart the Lady Wildcats.  Cait is one of the best athletes ever in the state of Tennessee, and she will have a better career than any of those pretenders from Middle and West TN.

yo lollipop dude...ur stupid for having the name is the first place ...and ur really stupid for putting sc out...if they make it past the 1st round//? are u serious..ur talkin about the 2002 state champs..and they made it to state last year only to fall short...and ur saying if they make it past the 1st round? well they did..and i admit Powell is one of the better teams in the state but sc is even better...they have been there and done that many times throughout the years...Powell has been on a slide lately and i dont look for them to get back up quick enough for sc....sc will be to much to handle with there press.....im calling sc by 10....and ill even say that sc will play Oak Ridge in the champ. now that will be a real game there!

Most definetly............ <_<

OR wins big!!

Heritage wins big!!

Well we won't be seeing that this year. Sevier Co. will come out to play hard tomorrow. And from the looks of it powell is in a struggle right now. South Doyle all most beat them with a bricked shot by buley with 5 seconds on the clock. SC has waxed them each time they have played. either way not taking anything away from powell is good. but Sevier Co. is consistant. SC by 7

The girls and coaches will decide the outcome tonight. Everyone thinks Powell is on a slide but I can assure you that they are ready to peak for the finale.

You can forget about point spreads and by what margin you beat other teams by. The girls will line up tonight and the best team will continue on. I personally think the Lady Panthers will make a statement. You have not played and bigger or more physical team than this group. A solid Campbell County team gave you all you wanted Monday night.........you will see that the Lady Panthers are much stronger at every position than they were.

My predictions ......................Powell vs. Heritige in the finals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OR wins big!!

Heritage wins big!!

The girls and coaches will decide the outcome tonight. Everyone thinks Powell is on a slide but I can assure you that they are ready to peak for the finale.

You can forget about point spreads and by what margin you beat other teams by. The girls will line up tonight and the best team will continue on. I personally think the Lady Panthers will make a statement. You have not played and bigger or more physical team than this group. A solid Campbell County team gave you all you wanted Monday night.........you will see that the Lady Panthers are much stronger at every position than they were.

My predictions ......................Powell vs. Heritige in the finals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ohhh we havent played a bigger more physicalgame huh?? yah ok! like iv said our girls have been there done that...we have played more physical teams than powell...u have no idea who seviercounty is...ur in for a surprise tonight!

Usually I'm espousing the superiority of 4AAA, but I've got to give AAA region of the year to 2AAA. 4 very good teams out east. Hey I was wondering from you Eaststaters, does Oak Ridge get the recruiting rap that Shelbyville is tagged with in Middle TN or do they run a homegrown program. I've always thought of Oak Ridge as Evil Empire East, but I know I shouldn't do that if they are a legit no-recruiting machine. Just wanted some of your all's comments on that!

Usually I'm espousing the superiority of 4AAA, but I've got to give AAA region of the year to 2AAA. 4 very good teams out east. Hey I was wondering from you Eaststaters, does Oak Ridge get the recruiting rap that Shelbyville is tagged with in Middle TN or do they run a homegrown program. I've always thought of Oak Ridge as Evil Empire East, but I know I shouldn't do that if they are a legit no-recruiting machine. Just wanted some of your all's comments on that!

Who knows if they do or not. But if they do im sure they dont call it "recruting." I'm sure they call it something like helping them decide where to play there high school bball. Lets not get anything started about this, everybody knows the truth, so theres no need to start anything.

Well the real question is who looks stupid now. Strike one for the Lollipop Kid. I guess the folks from the mountains will have to go back to sitting on the front porch and watching basketball on TV. Powell won the big one and so did Cait the Great and Heritage. From this point on all Powell and Heritage have to do is follow the yellow brick road to the state tournament. My pick for the finals (and I hate to pick against my home school) but heritage will win in a close one.