Portland vs. York

hsballguy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Portland played extremely good defense and Brewer was on fire from outside and in. He put on a show any basketball fan would enjoy. He is not only a great player, but a fine young man. Congratulations to Portland and good luck Thursday.

York came out with a lot of intensity, but played out of control most of the first half. They were overly aggressive and one kid even fouled out in the second quarter with an unexcused technical. I'm not sure what their game plan was, but I was afraid someone was going to get hurt before the night ended. They played a lot of players and never seemed to get into any kind of rhythm. They lacked discipline in every phase of the game.

I thought Upperman was a solid team and can see why they were the number one seed in their district. I was more impressed with Livingston since they have no seniors. They play good defense and were not intimidated by MLK's tenacious defense at all. I would expect Livingston to be the top team coming out of 7-AA next year. Smith County didn't show me much in their 34 point loss to Hume Fogg.