Favorite Basball Quotes

WildCat1625

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two old men had been best friends for years, and they both live to their early 90's, when one of them suddenly falls deathly ill. His friend comes to visit him on his deathbed, and they're reminiscing about their long friendship, when the dying man's friend asks, "Listen, when you die, do me a favor. I want to know if there's baseball in heaven."

The dying man said, "We've been friends for years, this I'll do for you." And then he dies. A couple days later, his surviving friend is sleeping when he hears his friend's voice. The voice says, "I've got some good news and some bad news. The good news is that there's baseball in heaven."

"What's the bad news?"

"The bad news is that you're pitching on Wednesday."

You teach me baseball and I'll teach you relativity...No we must not You will learn about relativity faster than I learn baseball.

--Albert Einstein

The other sports are just sports. Baseball is a love.

--Bryant Gumbel

Looking at the ball going over the fence isn't going to help.

--Hank Aaron

"there is no possible way to hit the ball if u r thinking about all the ways u could possible miss"

If u dont play to win........why keep score?

i am not the greatest hitter of all time..........i just got the most hits-pete rose

u win some........u lose some......and sometimes..........it rains........

People say u have to be smart to be a catcher..........naw,u just got to be dumb enough to get in front of something coming 85 mph.

Guest rhsplaya

"If a guy is a good fastball hitter, does that mean I should throw him a bad fastball?" - Larry Anderson

" When we lose, I can't sleep at night. When we win, I can't sleep at night. But when you win you wake up feeling better." - Joe Torre

" Why does everyone stand up and sing TAKE ME OUT TO THE BALLGAME, when they are already there?" - Larry Anderson

" I never questioned the integrity of an umpire. Their eyesight.. yes." - Leo Durocher

" I'm not a win-at-all-cost kinda guy. Winning isn't everything. It's 2nd to breathing." - George Steinbrenner

" Fans don't bo nobodies." - Reggie Jackson

" Just give me 25 guys on the last year of their contracts: I'll win you a pennant every year." - Sparky Anderson

" The secret of managing a club is to keep the 5 guys who hate you fromthe 5 guys who are undecided." - Casey Stengel

" Slumps are like a soft bed. Easy to get into but hard to get out of."

" I try to play my best because I never know if this is the first or last time someone will see me play." - Ted Williams

Edited by rhsplaya