Alcoa and Fulton

ahsbaseball06

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care how big their gym is, PF should be able to host the game at their place, because that is what they EARNED by winning their region. If a gym is big enough for the regular season, then it should be big enough for this sectional game. The T$$AA needs to think more about a teams earned on the court rewards, and less about their own financial rewards.

i agree, Robinhood.. our gyms may be small, but teams should still have the right to host the game on the count of they worked hard to win at a such a level. So many teams have won their region championship but were unable to host the game on their home turf, it is unfair .. but u still have to take into account all the people that would want to come and enjoy the game.. i think it's a fairly descent rule. A lot of people around the state want to come watch big tournament games like this, and i think the game should be held at a suitable gym where these people can come and support their favorite team. It stinks b/c you don't get the home court advantage due to your inadequate gym, but in big games like this you want all the fans you can get! good luck to both teams Monday.. Go Tigers!!

Edited by .. PfHs TiGeR 10 ..

I would agree PfHs, except that at the sectional level there are still alot of games being played all over the state, so we are still mostly talking about the fans of two teams going to these games. If your gym is big enough for big rivals like Gat-Pit or big district games, then what's the difference. Also these "gym size" rules don't apply to district or regional tourneys with multiple teams fans, boys and girls coming, so give me a break. This rule is officious, and wrong. It does nothing but take away an earned advantage for the sake of a few extra dollar bills. This rule is shameful.

ya you made a good point ( this is pfhs by the way ) .. maybe if you get enuf people to sign a petition or sumthing ( it worked for our school when we sent one to the superintendent about how we were the only school in our county that did not have A/C in the gym) but anywayz, make a petition and send it to TSSAA, maybe they would consider lowering the number of people to at least 1000 instead of 1250.. PF duznt even have 1250 students in their school and i don't kow why they expect to be able to seat that many..and if they wont lower the number, than they should at least spend sum money, like you said, on teams that have "innappropriate gyms" for this level in a tournament... b/c it is taking away a priviledge that the winning team has earned.. so maybe in a year or two the rules will be changed.. i still agree that it's unfair.. but we can't do anything about it this year..so may the best team win.. no matter what gym it's played in! :unsure: