Rockwood Region Champs

TigerFan24

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pictures from this game are up. Since we are talking about conditions, I didn't like taking pictures in this gym. I don't like to stand under the boards and I kept getting jostled, but no big deal. I guess I'm just spoiled because we have a nice wide border around our gym where I can stand without being in anyone's way.

I do want to respond about Cosby sitting on the Rockwood side of the gym. That really shouldn't have been a surprise. If you noticed, they were only directly behind the Visitor's bench. Our fans created a buffer for our players.

I overheard someone commenting about us being on their side and that we did that at Cosby too. Our visitor's section is directly behind the visitors bench, and it isn't a huge area for big games, but if you've ever been at Cosby for a game that's no so big, you know one side won't hold all of us.

As for the game, I thought it was well-played by both sides. I was so surprised about one of our players getting MVP I didn't even realize that was what had happened. Here's hoping Rockwood gets a better sound system before the next time they host Regional Tournaments.

I'm proud of players on both sides because the game was an excellent example of good sportsmanship. I didn't see any trash talking or animosity. I am also pleased that the fans on both sides seemed to behave themselves.

I'm actually very disappointed in Cosby's fans. If it is a very close game or we are ahead, our fans are insane. We got down by six or seven points and they just sat there. THis happened at state last year, too. Players are always commenting on how much fans help them. Our fans did nothing to help during the second half.

Get the sand out of your nether regions cfbf, I've been in that gym a heck of a lot more than you have and we have right at 1k seats plus what we can plug in standing room wise. Don't listen to this jerk Loco, yeah we're rowdy and loud, but we have respect for the other guy (unless of course he has no respect for us, in which case we bite back).

Unfortunately, if I'm taking a pep bus again, it'll be 6:30 or later before we get there, I think. That's another advantage of taking pictures. If I don't have a seat, I can just post myself on the sideline with the camera. Sometimes it's better there, anyway. Not as confining or as hot.

And, I know the game is decided on the court, but fans help keep the players spirits up and help keep them motivated in a tough situation. Ask a player, especially from someplace like Cosby or Rockwood who have loud fan sections, if they think the fans make a difference.

VolleyEagle,

Are you Cosby's newspaper guy? If so I was sitting there next to the guy that got really mad at you for getting in front of him a couple of times for taking pictures. I thought it was funny and was laughing about it because I know how hard it is to try and get photos in a packed gym without much room on the base line. I was at the OS-Seymour game Thursday and a Seymour fan said something to me when I was taking pictures in front of the student section under the basket. Granted there were 13 cheerleaders and two cops along the base line with me, but apparently those people didn't bother him, only me. I guess as long as they don't curse I can live with it and move on.

If it is you, I think it's good that your paper allows you to go the games that far away and you are willing to do so. The Roane County News is the same way with me. I know some papers that don't allow their reporters to go that far away or their reporters won't go that far away. I know a lot of times fans don't say so, but I know they appreciate it.

Thank you, magicrooster. Obviously I was aiming for Cosby players, so there probably weren't many good pictures of Rockwood players, and I definetly don't know how to identify them, but I'm glad you enjoy them. Photography has been a hobby of mine for many years. In fact, until I decided to go into teaching, I considered photojournalism as a career.

No, I don't work for the local paper, though I do write up volleyball stories during our season. I may do a few softball stories, but I don't get paid for them. I do it to promote the school. I tried to talk to sports editor into hiring me part time, but I don't think he has room on the staff. I do sponsor the school newspaper, and use the pictures there, plus post them here and on our school's website http://www.cocke.k12.tn.us/EaglesNest (but it's not been updated since the middle of last week since I can't do it from home).

Thanks again