Next Year for York...It must start now.

maddog2020

The 2003-04 season ended for York at Portland in the Regional Tournament. York lost to a medicore team with a SEC class superstar, and the Dragons have NOTHING to be ashamed of. The 2003-04 team had their problems, but all in all they exhibited the heart of true champions. Let's face it, we can't go to the sub-state every year.

York was blessed with tallent, maybe even too much tallent. The roster was full on very able players who got playing time. And all of them did very well. We all need to pay tribute to Seniors like Josh Stephens, Travis Duncan, and Jordan Clark, and even to those who didn't have so much time in the games. All of these guys, freshman thru senior put out alot of sweat and maybe even a little blood wearing the purple and gold colors. All in all, it was an admirable season. The Seniors can pass the tourch with pride of a job well done. Now it's time for there underclass counterparts to fill the gap and carry on.

As this season ends, the 2004-05 season begins. The boys will need to train very hard for next year. The lineup for next year looks like it'll be Tipton, Garrett, Burke, Ledbetter, and either Buck or Stocton. There's also some guys like Harding, and others who can be important. Whether next season will be a success or not depends on their will and how hard they train and practice. And I think they have what it takes to do it.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

York was blessed with tallent, maybe even too much tallent.

You can not be serious. So much talent that they went 16-18?????

They could not find a shot for all the players. Belive me they had some of the best individual players in the district, just not the best team! :D

Let's hope to god that EW doesn't quit! This would be horrible for the York boys basketball program. EW is second only to Coach Charlie Vaughn and when he gets a little older he may even surpass him.

York has a bright future ahead. I think the starting 5 will be the most balanced in the district. It looks like next year it may be neck and neck between Livingston Academy and York....what a season. Two old rivals struggling for 1st place.

I think York will be a much better team next year. A team man team again? Maybe...that remains to be seen. The real difference between the teams is that the bench will not be as deep. This, believe it or not, was York biggest problem this year. Too much talent to go around and not enough playing time.... it caused bad attitudes within the team (from an outsiders point of view anyway).

I look foward to seeing York in the top 2 teams in the district next year.

I hope Coach E stays with the guys team next year. No matter what anyone says, I think he's an awesome coach and is great for this taem. I think they'll still be strong next year, considering everything they're losing - Josh, Duncan, Jordan, Andy, etc. Derrick and Blakely will be the leaders of their team, with lots of help from Bryant and Burke and Buck and help from freshmen Bobby and Daniel. Good luck guys! You'll be good no matter what.