TSSAA Tournament REFORM

I have to agree with XtremeLoco. If a team loses, it makes it much harder on them for that next round of the tourney (playing on the road, etc.) You keep pointing out, Looking4AnAnswer, that Rhea Co. "threw" the game to avoid to play Bradley Central. However, you've neglected to mention that BECAUSE they lost to McMinn County, they had to play #1 seeded, then-#7 ranked Brainerd in the first round of regions. That's not exactly taking the easy way out. The bottom line is, Rhea Co. got the job done when they needed to, and that's why they're still playing.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking4AnAnswer is just trying to find something to blame his teams lose on. The fact is...its pretty dang hard to get on the side you wanna be on.

I hate showing people up, but this time its just to hard to fight off. There is no way Rhea Co could have even known what side of the bracket Bradley Central was on. Both games were played at the VERY SAME TIME ON THE VERY SAME DAY. There for the seeds were set AFTER the game...and they had no way of knowing about it. So why don't you shut up on your stupid theory and get over it.

Well the CoachT. Schedule say they are played at the same time. Even if they didn't play at the same time, they would have played before Bradley Central's game still not knowing what side of the bracket Bradley Central was on.

Edited by XtremeLoco

good post loco. i think that lookin4an answer is a pathetic person. he just won't let it go. everyone knows that in order to be in substate, you have to win 2 in the region and that is what we did. we beat a 1 and 2 seed to advance. if anyone saw the Cleveland game in the district they will tell you that Cleveland got all the calls in the last 2 min. of the game. i feel like we were cheated but i didn't get on here and complain, i just continued to support my team. people try to say that we recruit and everything. that is very untrue. i know a certain player from mcminn that was being pursued by Cleveland. everyone knows about it, we didn't get on here and complain about that did we? i wish that this would just stop and let rhea co and Oakland play their game in peace. to suggest that the tssaa change their system for one disgruntled coach is absolutely ludicrous.

NO CoachRO you are a pathetic person!

Coach RO Stated:

"If anyone saw the Cleveland game in the district they will tell you that Cleveland got all the calls in the last 2 min. of the game. I feel like we were cheated but I didn't get on here and complain, I just continued to support my team. People try to say that we recruit and everything. that is very untrue."

Coach RO, if anyone is PATHETIC it is you! READ the above statement you wrote because all you do is make EXCUESSES

Also no wonder you are not mad, Cleveland wins and are now out of the tournament picture but they beat you in the district, I would not be mad either.....

Coach RO, or should I say Coach Steve Crowder, RHEA County did RECRUIT Floyd and Cooper, MY SON PLAYS ON THE RHEA COUNTY TEAM.........

RHEA County Lost to Cleveland in the District and that should be the END to Rhea County's Tournment ACTION for the 2003-2004 Year

But the coaching staff at Rhea County PURPOSELY lost to McMinn County so they would not have to play Bradley Central in the Regional until the finals..........

The TSSAA needs to REFORM the ENTIRE Basketball Tournament System in Tennessee

Edited by Looking4AnAnswer

But the coaching staff at Rhea County PURPOSELY lost to McMinn County so they would not have to play Bradley Central in the Regional until the finals..........

Do I have to say it again....the Rea County Vs. McMinn County game was before the Bradley Central game....so they had no way of knowing what side of the bracket Bradley was going to be on. So please shut your mouth about stuff you know nothing about.

X-TREME Loco,

It is very easy to figure out how is going to win before the Bradley Central Vs Cleveland Game began. I would bet all my money on Bradley Central. And the Rhea County Coaching Staff Knows what teams are going to be in what bracket if they win or lose before the game is played. Rhea County KNEW BEFORE THE GAME Bradley Central WAS GOING TO BEAT Cleveland AND THE RHEA COUNTY STAFF KNEW IF THEY BEAT MCMINN COUNTY THEY WOULD HAVE TO PLAY Bradley Central BEFORE THE CAMPIONSHIP. SO RHEA TOOK THEIR CHANCES ON Bradley Central WINNING AND LOST THE MCMINN COUNTY GAME ON PUPOSE........IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE LOCO...THE RHEA COUNTY STAFF IS NUTS

Sat Nov. 22 Riverdale Hall of Fame W 70-56

Thu Nov. 27 Denham Springs, La Forrest City, Ark. L 58-74

Fri Nov. 28 John Carroll High (Birm.) Forrest City, Ark. W 76-73

Sat Nov. 29 Forrest City, Arkansas Rumble on the Ridge W 71-56

Fri Dec. 5 Cumberland Co. D W 75-50

Sat Dec. 6 at William Blount W 83-44

Thu Dec. 11 at Red Bank R W 95-59

Fri Dec. 12 Oak Ridge W 72-47

Thu Dec. 18 at Chattanooga Central R W 68-50

Sat Dec. 20 Giles Co. Martin College 7:45 W 84-72

Fri Dec. 26 Tennessee Arbys Classic 4PM W 72-60

Mon Dec. 29 Riverdale,GA Arbys Classic 5PM W 69-51

Tue Dec. 30 Giles Co. Arbys Classic 7PM W 65-57

Wed Dec. 31 White Station Arbys Classic 7PM EST W 60-55

Tue Jan. 6 Walker Valley W 86-74

Fri Jan. 9 at McMinn Co. D W 70-45

Thu Jan. 15 Red Bank R W 100-54

Fri Jan. 16 at Cumberland Co. D W 74-46

Tue Jan. 20 at Rhea Co. D W 81-62

Fri Jan. 23 Cleveland D W 64-54

Fri Jan. 30 Chattanooga Central R W 88-71

Mon Feb. 2 at Walker Valley W 81-58

Tue Feb. 3 William Blount W 73-53

Fri Feb. 6 McMinn Co. D W 78-53

Tue Feb. 17 Rhea Co. D W 88-76

Thu Feb. 19 at Oak Ridge L 53-69

Tue Feb. 24 McMinn Co. Dist 5AAA 8PM W 85-34

Fri Feb. 27 Cleveland Dist 5AAA 8:30 CShip W 72-54

Mon Mar. 1 Red Bank Reg 3AAA 6PM W 84-49

Thu Mar. 4 Ooltewah Reg 3AAA 5:30 W 58-45

Fri Mar. 5 Rhea Co. Reg 3AAA 7:30 CShip W 55-50

Rhea County High School Basketball (mens) has a record of 4 wins and 10 losses in the past 3 years of TSSAA Action

BUT

Rhea County will now be in 2 of the last 3 Sub-State games

4 - 10 is correct

Rhea County Record Breakdown in TSSAA Tournament

2001-2002

2 wins 4 losses, Rhea Conunty lost the Sub-State

2002-2003

0 wins 3 losses, Rhea County lost in the First Round of the Region

2003-2004

2 wins 3 losses, Rhea County is playing Oakland in the Sub-State

SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THE TSSAA BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT

TSSAA REFORM IS THE ANSWER