WHO WILL WIN CLASS A MR. BASKETBALL?

vaden22

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winning Mr. Football is a lot different than winning Mr. Basketball besides the obvious reason. Basketball players carry 20% of the team and good players carry a lot more. Football players carry maybe 5%. In basketball, the team he plays on shows a lot more about the player than football does.

i was only using football as an example to prove my point on winning the award in not getting further into the playoffs.richardson won it last year in girls single A who didnt advance from the first round of the region.those are two examples of both sports.on the other hand,richardson did play in a state tournament game when she was a freshmen.

also,shane played in state tournament last season and is up for the award this season.although strayhorn should have been up for the award this year,he played in the state tournamen two years ago and lead his team to a semifinal game.i think it all gets down to the voters and a numbers game of how voters vote.some may go by who they see play,previous success from last year,good numbers for there respective teams, and sometimes not enough information on other players or some just dont do there homework who vote.shane and strayhorn are the best two players from west tn that ive scene in single A and both can hold trhere ground against bigger schools.they both proven it.strayhorn outdueled shane in the region championship game but shane had a good second half.i would like these two teams to hook up again in the state championship.

strayhorn outdueled shane in the region championship game but shane had a good second half.i would like these two teams to hook up again in the state championship.

NOT making excuses but Shane was playing on an injured ankle. Maybe that doesn't make a difference and maybe it does.

And nothing against Strayhorn, either. The guy is a threat anywhere on the floor. If he were about 6 inches taller, I think he'd have some big schools looking at him.

he already has according to one person who goes to church with him.arkansas and memphis are looking at him ad leaning more toward memphis.i know about the injured ankle.ive scene shane make the same moves offensively against people and get the same results.shane is also a good defender.strayhorn is the only guy i scene get by him with ease.sure size can help him more although he has grown 3 inches since his sophomore year although hes about 5"10 now.there are several players who play division 1 ball without being 6 foot or taller.hes one of the best to eve come out of this part of tennessee in single A basketball in awhile.some people sometimes like to use a judgement about there size when in fact they end up proving people wrong over again.if he does,it wouldnt surprise me at all.i just like the way he responds.hes a winner regardless what happens to him.

math_man- I do understand what you are saying, but the girl can play. Any "great" team would be lucky to have her. If she ever does happen to shoot 124 times in a game, I imagine she'd end up with 200 points. Ha!

bballfever- She signed with Belmont University in Nashville. By the way, Halls vs. Greenfield would be a great March 20th match-up! Let's hope it turns out that way.