i need advise

cheerchick05

Im not saying anything bad about cheerleaders because i am one and i have been for a while, but i dont act snotty and we have some really snotty cheerleaders that think they know it all and they should be able to run the squad eventhought they are underclassmen just because all of the money they have and i put up with that so many years and tryouts are the end of this month and im havin second thoughts about trying out for my senior year just i dont feel like puttin up with it..should i stick it up and try out anyways?

This is completely my opinion, but i wouldn't let anyone keep me from trying-out IF i loved cheering. you'll be a senior; tell the lowerclassmen how it is. They need to learn anyways. i, also, have had second thoughts, but i just keep saying that i do like it. Now my senior year, i don't know if i'll cheer, but b/c i'd like to be in the stands. i'd say just think about if it messes with the other important things in your life, as in does it make you in a bad mood a lot. well...i hope that you come to the choice that you will like in the end. hey, if you try-out & get mad, just quit. i'm so nice about things...lol. i say just praying about it would be the best thing. *GOOD LUCK*

I totally understand where you are coming from about the whole underclassmen deal. But think about it...it's that way in anything...in any sport or club or whatever it is...there is always gonna be a group of people or maybe just one or two who think they are better than everyone and should be running the show...and sometimes they are gonna be younger than you. But you can't let that affect you or make you want to quit something you love doing. If you choose not to try out don't do it because of those power hungry freshmen and sophomores...you are older than them..just don't let them push you around...don't be mean or hateful about it because that will just make the situation worse but make sure they know that you are a leader on the squad because you have been there longer and you have had more experience and that no one...not even the upperclassmen...should be telling anyone what to do or playing "boss"...if you choose not to try out do it because you would rather be up in the stands like mrsskewl said or it just isn't fun anymore...or there are things that are more important that you would rather focus on more! Just think about it really long and hard. You have to make the decision for yourself...that also means don't let those snotty girls make it for you. Pray about it and I am sure everything will turn out great for you no matter what you decide! GOOD LUCK!

• 2 weeks later...

If you think that underclassmen are bad, i have a girl on my squad who is my age & likes to act as if she's captan...however she's not! Our coach resigned...well one did, & now we have her step-mom for a coach. If you like to hear about cheerleading fights...you can keep it here b/c i know that something will happen! & we have 10 of 12 returning from varsity & 5 from JV. all in all we have 18 going for 14 spots. I think that it'll be a big thing like it was last year w/ people getting upset & quiting. Try-outs are Friday. i'd say wish me luck, but if i need that much luck, i don't want to deal w/ it. lol.

• 2 weeks later...