la

goGC

i gotta question...what is hogeye suppost to mean i seen yalls hogeye sign up in the stands thursday. was jw and so were a few others. also quite a few more of us werent mad that we lost. i felt that yall played better and we couldnt execute on anything. also the refs didnt help us out any but im not gonna complain its over and done with. but jw what was up with the hogeyes deal?

(i was down in gc's student section)

LA girls have played awesome the last 2 days, and I love all of u seniors 2 death. I prob wont be there 2morrow but I know your gonna bring that gold ball back to Livingston. U guys are so determined, u make us all so proud to be LA wildcats and I cant wait til u guys get back, love u 2 death.

A-Shine

P.S. All of u Jackson Co. fans quit runnin your mouths you've been out for a week, save it for next year.

Edited by shine

Hogeye is a very small, rural Community in Overton County where way back in the day every starter on the Livingston Academy team lived. Some accounts had it to be the boys team and some accounts were that it was the girls team. Anyway, the fans started the HOGEYE chant and as a tradition, it has survived over the years. GO HOGEYE!!!

I don't know how far HOGEYE goes back, but I do know that they were chanting it back when I was in school. I graduated from Smith Co. in 1981, and I can remember it when I was even younger when my sister played at Carthage. She graduated in 1976. So the ole HOGEYE tradition has been there for I know almost 30 years. ;)

:D