Rank the State Champs

larry

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

After watching all 3 games Sat. I feel this way. Shelbyville has more talent on the floor than the other two schools. However, Livingston had the better basketball players on the floor. Clarkrange's five were very good but I don't feel that they could match up with either Newman or Beechboard very well. If Livingston were to play Shelbyville, I think that Newman vs. Beechboard would be a wash. Everywhere else would be a wash also except for Fuller down low. However, Shelbyville wins by playing aggressive defense. I don't think that Shelbyville's press would affect Livingston that much. Normally, good basketball players beat good talent and I think LA would win in an exciting game.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last summer was almost a year ago. A team can get alot better in a year. LA looked like the best team at MTSU to me.

Its kinda hard to watch a team(LA) play against an undersized and not very quick opponents and imagine what they would do against a very quick and agressive team with decent size like Shelbyville. LA shot open shots all week against an overrated Gibson County team, and Oliver Springs was a one man show, not to mention McMinn Central was ok but overmatched size wise. Those wide open shots don't happen against Shelbyville. I just don't think LA has the athletes to play with Shelbyville. Its all about rebounding and defense. Each of you have a right to your own opinion, but it is tough to listen to those who hate Shelbyville. I am sure Shelbyville improved also.

Edited by gomabsilk

A PRETTY GOOD BOMBIN..THEY WON BY 3 OR SOMTHIN LIKE THAT..AND NOT TO COMPLAIN BUT 3 OF OUR GIRLS CAME BACK HOME WITH BLACK EYES AND NO FOULS WERE CALLED BUT THE FACT REMAINS YALL WON...BUT WE ARE IMPROVED AND U ARE NOT, I THINK...LA WOULD WIN CAUSE THERE DEFENSE IS SPECTACULAR RIGHT NOW...FULLER AND NEWMAN ARE AWESOME...BUT SLOW...AND THE WAY LA HAS BEEN BOXIN HERE LATELY I WOULD HAVE TO TAKE LA IN A BEST OF 7 SERIES...HOOOLLAAA

I have to laugh at the comment about Newman & Fuller being slow. There isn't a slow starter on Shelbyville's team. All of those thinking LA would beat Shelbyville must be from Livingston. First of all, do you really think Thurman or whoever LA's post is could do anything with Fuller? Not gonna happen! Fuller "schooled" her several times in AAU. Newman and Beechboard are only evenly matched when they play against other teams. Newman is too versatile and has too many moves for Beechboard to hang with her. Beechboard is a good player though and should do well in college. I really do like her style. There is not a better one-two punch in the state than Newman and Fuller, as evidenced by this past weekend. Combine that with the 3-pt shooting of Canon and Almader and the ballhandling of Houston and you've got yourself a team that could beat many college teams. Trust me when I say, no one was going to beat Shelbyville after Christmas because they were willing to leave blood, sweat and tears in every gym they played in so long as they came out with the win! LA would give a valiant effort but Shelbyville has too many weapons and would win by 10-15 pts. I've scouted both teams several times over the last 3 years and that's my scouting report.

A PRETTY GOOD BOMBIN..THEY WON BY 3 OR SOMTHIN LIKE THAT..AND NOT TO COMPLAIN BUT 3 OF OUR GIRLS CAME BACK HOME WITH BLACK EYES AND NO FOULS WERE CALLED BUT THE FACT REMAINS YALL WON...BUT WE ARE IMPROVED AND U ARE NOT, I THINK...LA WOULD WIN CAUSE THERE DEFENSE IS SPECTACULAR RIGHT NOW...FULLER AND NEWMAN ARE AWESOME...BUT SLOW...AND THE WAY LA HAS BEEN BOXIN HERE LATELY I WOULD HAVE TO TAKE LA IN A BEST OF 7 SERIES...HOOOLLAAA

I should just laugh at your comment about Fuller and Newman being slow but Im not...sorry to tell you this but I have seen Newman play against Beechboard for years now and to keep this post positive I am just going to have you ask Beechboard is Newman and Fuller slow...hahahaha