Jeff. Co. and Sevier Co.

Red81KPsmash

according to coacht's scoreboard, Jeff. Co. has averaged 7 runs a game, and 6 runs in every loss. this seems to me to be enough runs for a defense to hold up to. maybe Jeff Co doesnt have a pitcher that can keep and era under 6.00 actually higher b/c in most of the losses the oppenent scored more than 7 runs. I find it hard to believe that hitting is causing Jeff. Co. problems...12 games 83 runs

I see your point Desani, against Bearden we gave up 9 unearned runs in 2 innings and guess what we lost 15-7 so if we don't give up those 9 we win 7-6. We need to step it up defensively and offensively too though. I realize that not every game you are going to be able to stroke the baseball well and play defense well b/c other teams are going to be hot on certain occassions. We'll be alright though as long as we continue to play well in the IMAC and make a late season push. Jeff. Co. is known for starting slow and then heating up at the end of the season. We'll see if this is true this year.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tlove i respect what you have to say. I have the up most school pride. Mostly for football, basketball, and soccer. But i don't for baseball. It's not about the players. It's the coach. He has the worst adittude i have ever herd. As for the team itself i don't care and i wish them the best of luck.

I have an idea, if you don't like baseball stay out of the baseball chat area. If you have real school spirit you would pull for every team that your school sponsors to be good. I think that if you don't have a dog in the fight you need to stay away and keep your mouth shut. I really don't think the problem is the baseball coach, I think that Sevier Co. would be a whole lot better if people would get over what happened ealier and go on with life. Stuff happens and you have to deal with it. Let these kids that play baseball for the Smoky Bears have their team and play their type of game and if you don't like it then don't come watch they aren't dragging you out to the field and forcing you to watch them play. Heck they don't need negative attitudes being thrown around, they need to concetrate on the great game of baseball. It's a game guys not a war, its a simple game. So lets all this talk about the coach being the worst thing that ever happend to SC baseball die and lets get talking about what's important, how these 2 neighboring programs are doing on the field. Thanks.

I think Jefferson co. has a ton of talent they can play ball with the best of them if they come together. They can hit the cover off of the ball and play good D. I think they just need to come together. Does anyone know how the Jefferson Co. JV is?

Let's see, they beat Morristown West, split with Morristown East, beat Cherokee, beat William Blount, and i think they might have played and one another game if i'm not mistaken so they are 5/4-1, 2-0 in conference b/c the dh w/ East was not a conference game. If anyone knows for sure they are welcome to change it.

I have an idea, Sevier co needs to hire etsubound1st and schsbears to coach the baseball team. With their savy baseball insights and positive attitudes, they could take the bears to the top of district 4AAA. I am sure the coach would step aside and let these guys impress upon the team their philosophy on coaching baseball! ;)

It would definetly be better than we have now! :justwrestle:

I have an idea, Sevier co needs to hire etsubound1st and schsbears to coach the baseball team. With their savy baseball insights and positive attitudes, they could take the bears to the top of district 4AAA. I am sure the coach would step aside and let these guys impress upon the team their philosophy on coaching baseball! ;)

It might change the losing philosophy they have now. B)

That's for sure. I think it might do the program some good to change coachs like they have every year in the past 4. Or they could stay the same and let us pad our stats with them. Either way good luck to the players. ;)

Pad your stats? Goadmirals you don't even play so you can't be padding your stats man! I mean seriously you don't have any room to talk you don't even play. Until you can play on the team is when you can start talking about padding your stats.

Pad your stats? Goadmirals you don't even play so you can't be padding your stats man! I mean seriously you don't have any room to talk you don't even play. Until you can play on the team is when you can start talking about padding your stats.

I think he means the team, as in his school. I guess you didn't think about that. ;)

From what I heard Coley was on the mound abd pitched an excellent game. Had to if he and the D held Seymour to only 5 runs. They are a good offensive team...heck, they're a good team all-around. This is a great win for the Patriots and hopefully it'll light a fire under them for the rest of the season and maybe start winning those close ones. Hope so. Good win nevertheless. Any details from the game?

Seymour got on the board first in the bottom of the 3rd w/ 2 runs which i believe were unearned and then got 2 more in their next at bats. The Pats dented the scoreboard in the top of the 5th with 2 of their own and then in the top of the 5th the Eagles got their final run. In the top of the 7th Langdon Potts got a single on a bad hop past the 2nd basemen, Derek Long i believe walked, Cruze then followed w/ a line drive on a Hit and Run to center for a single that chased home Potts and moved Long to 3rd, Aaron Houseal brought Long in on a SAC fly to right to make the score 5-4 eagles with one out. Parker Clement then stepped up and on a 1-1 Coach Holland called for the second Hit and Run which went off perfectly, Clement hit a low pitch to the right center wall that moved Cruze to third and Clement ended up with a Double. Left-fielder Travis Jenkins then singled to right that brought the tying and winning runs home, after a strike out, Jenkins was caught stealing second for the final out of the inning.

Chad Coley pitched an outstanding 7 innings of work. Especially getting 3 of the last 4 batters to K on a great come from behind win for the Patriots. The pats get back in action on Thursday down at Halls.