District 7 AAA

BballerCraze

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest didyouseethatmessDANG

The best boys player to leave Oakland is playing baseball at Siegel this spring. Not eligible for tennis this year because he switched schools.

Guest didyouseethatmessDANG

of course we all know that this district/region will come down to Oakland and Siegel ... not to boast about my school but I think Siegel will beat Oakland 4-3

For #1 singles, Oakland's Joseph Sherer should be able to handle Siegel's #1 Braeden Verble as long as Joseph Sherer plays like he should. Consistency and a good serve will win the match for Joseph. Sorry Verbo =/

For #2 singles, I see Oakland's Brady Neal will win a very tough match against Chris Hale. Brady had trouble at the beginning of last year with a few losses, but he got himself back on track and displayed a great performance at the state tournament in Memphis last year with Joseph in doubles. Chris's consistency will cause problems for Brady, but Brady's power should do the job in a close 3 sets.

For #3 singles, I see Siegel's Travis Moody winning a tough three set match against Alex Ingle. Although, if Oakland wants to win this match, this is where it has to happen. Alex was my doubles partner last year at oakland and I was very impressed with his doubles play along with his singles play. Although, Alex played golf this fall (i think) for Oakland, and he hasn't been playing much tennis. Travis has been working very hard lately and I see this match as the turning point for both teams. Look for alot of long points in this match. It will simply come down to who makes the least errors because I don't see these two hitting lot of winners.

I dont know who plays #4 or #5 singles for Siegel but I know this is where Oakland is very weak. I look for Siegel to win these two matches in two easy sets.

Oakland will tie the score with a doubles win from Neal and Sherer against Verble and Hale, but I think Siegel will come out with the win in the final doubles match between Ingle and Yates (Oakland) vs Moody and Christianson (Siegel). This is simply because Yates has not played tennis in years and lacks alot of experience and skill.

Good luck to both schools :lol: