mlk vs. bolivar

b55biz

i watched bolivar play the first half last night, they are big and athletic. mlk will have to bring something for brian lake.

mlk did not bring their best game last night, they were all scared except for johnny lee.

if mlk wins this game, it will be surprising. bolivar came out in zone last night, so you can expect for some holding of the ball. one thing mlk has to its advantage is bolivar watched mlk's first half of the game. they have already dismissed them. they think they have already won.

johnny lee will have to guard lake in the front court and double with smith or dayton down low. i think if they can shut him down thye should be alright.

offense wins games. defense wins championships.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

willie kemp is the one you have to watch.he the real deal.mlk post play looks very weak but the guards handle the ball well for mlk.mlk plays goutty defense and seems to have lots of respect for there coach.bolivar probably will come out in a man and use there size along with there guard play with kept.

I think this will be one of the top games played in Murfreesboro this week. Bolivar and MLK appeared very similar last night. Both are quick and smart. Bolivar clearly has a size advantage, but so has every other team this year for MLK. If the Royals bring there A game and stall with that zone defense that Bolivar plays it will come down to the final quarter. Anyone who reads this post: If you want to see a game, come to the MLK v Bolivar game at 2:15pm Friday. Good luck Royals.

The Future#10 have u seen Willie play. He may not be the best player in the state but there aint nobody that can keep him from penetrating the lane. He had trouble finishing once he got there against RE because of their size and athletecism but i dont think he will have a whole lot of problem finishing against a much smaller MLK team. If he cant win it for Bolivar Brian Lake can cause i didnt see any player on MLK that Brian cant shoot over with ease. The only thing that might stop us is the refs. They were horrible last night. They called every little touch foul possible on us and we got hammered everytime we drove and the whistle never blew.

btowntiger, I know that Lake is an excellent player, but do you remember that guy named Corey Brewer? The 6'8 guy from Portland who is going to Florida. He is 2 to 3 inches taller than everyone on our team, but he only dropped in 22 against us in the region finals. I know that Portland and Bolivar are two completely different teams, but you said you didn't see anyone he couldn't shoot over. Brewer had a hard time doing that so why can't we give him a hard time either?

MLK does not have great size, but I don't think that size is going to be the determining factor in this game. As crazy as some of Doc's antics are, he is an intelligent guy and will put his team in position to be in the game. I think MLK can play with anyone, their intense defensive pressure and smart play will benefit them greatly in this one. I expect them to find a way to neutralize Lake and Kemp to an extent and make some of Bolivar's less experienced players step up to the challenge.

Mightyroyal thats pretty impressive that they held Brewer to 22 points. I'm not gonna say Lake is as good of a player as Brewer but they are both Mr Basketball finalists so they are both excellent players and if Brewer can drop 22 whose to say Lake wont get 20 points and if so thats half of the points yall scored against Fulton last night. Yall might give him a hard time but so did the double and triple teams RE put on him everytime he touched the ball and he still had 14 points after sitting out the entire 2nd quarter due to foul trouble. Im not trying to take anything away from MLK though cause they seem like a great team and they stepped it up late in the 4th to lock up the victory against Fulton. It should be a battle all the way but i just dont see them stopping all of the weapons Bolivar has.