mlk vs. bolivar

b55biz

btowntiger, I know that Lake is an excellent player, but do you remember that guy named Corey Brewer? The 6'8 guy from Portland who is going to Florida. He is 2 to 3 inches taller than everyone on our team, but he only dropped in 22 against us in the region finals. I know that Portland and Bolivar are two completely different teams, but you said you didn't see anyone he couldn't shoot over. Brewer had a hard time doing that so why can't we give him a hard time either?

He olny dropped in 22 yea that sounds like he really couldnt shoot over yall. lol :o

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brewer's average at the end of the season was 30. MLK keeping him to 22 won them the game. Rarely is he kept under his average and he can expload to 50. It was a good job by MLK relative to other Brewer games. I would like to see Brewer's shooting percentage becaused he takes so many shots and how many he scores can often depend on how well he is shooting and not just defense. It is near impossible to contest his shot. So, MLK is def. capable of defending Bolivar.

they held brewer to 22 with two bank-in luck threes. plus the refs protected him. i thought brewer had about eight fouls that game.

anyway, i realize this brian lake guy is good, and whoever thsi kemp guy is(i watche the game and no guards stood out) but MLK does something Raleigh Egypt doesn't do, play defense. there might not be a need to play defense if bolivar plays zone. doc will not play against zone. bolivar had to come out of the zone last night because someone hit 3 consecutive 3's on them. you can expect a double team on lake every time he touches the ball, with lee guarding him in the front court. this kemp guy can be shut down by virgil donaldson, and if he does penetrate into the lane yotu can expect a charge.

i think bolivar is the better team athleticly, but MLK is smarter and plays defense. i didn't aggre with the statement the refs were horrible because it was a very physical game and i didn't think the refs called very much at all, especially not touch fouls. each tema was hacking like none other.

i look for a good stall, and a great game.

Without even knowing anything about Bolivar. There team dominates Portland. Portland's other 4 are absolute garbage. So, MLK will have to stop a team and not a player. However, MLK has stopped some more well-rounded teams in the regular season coming from 8AA. Should be very interesting. From what I have heard, MLK is going to have to play a heck of a game, and they will have to play their game to win.

To get back on the topic, I acknowledged that Bolivar and Portland were two completely different teams. The point was that Brian Lake will not have an easy time shooting over MLK. The Royals defense won't let just one or two players beat them. The bring out the true meaning in "no I in team". I'm not saying that Bolivar is going to get crushed at all. If you looked at my predictions I felt that MLK would win in the last few seconds. The whole Bolivar team needs to play a smart game of teamwork to win the game. They won't roll through MLK like some of you say they will. MLK needs to bring their A game, but Bolivar needs to bring their's as well. Above anything else, the game will be an excellent showcase of high school basketball. Everyone should just enjoy the ride. Good Luck Royals.

btownboys2004 your pretty funny! cuz actually i did play mr. willie kemp and we went dead even 15 to15 so he dont impress me cuz im a freshman boi now dont get me wrong the kid can play but not as good as bolivar thinks

OVERRATED OVERRATED OVERRATED OVERRATED OVERRATED OVERRATED OVERRATED OVERRATED OVERRATED OVERRATED OVEOVERRATED OVERRATED OVERRATED OVERRATED OVERRATED OVERRATED RRATED OVERRATED OVERRATED OVERRATED OVERRATED OVERRATED OVERRATED

Kemp was dropping everything tonight. Our post players didn't contest alot of the shots he put up. It was kind of frustrating to watch, but Lee did hold his own. They had a taller guy guarding him so he had a little trouble getting around him, but he still created most of the opportunities for us. Everything Kemp was throwing up fell tonight. We missed so many wide open shots from inside the paint it killed us.

ok well this is for whoever it was that said Kemp and Lake would not be able to beat MLK on their on, they combined for 31 points and MLK as a team only had 36 so they came dang close to it. however i gotta give it to MLK they played a heck of a game and once again we almost choked in a big game like usual but we got the win none the less. lets hold it down in the championship game tommorow btown.