Excuses why they lost.

tophat

I read in a local paper this morning a local coach giving his reasons why they lost a close game yesterday, best player on the bench in foul trouble, poor free throw shooting, refs letting it get to rough after his star player had to sit. I don't think he once mentioned his point guard had 1 assist and 8 turnovers, or say the other team just gave us trouble with their press, give the other team some credit, what is really funny about this is that's exactly how he won a game in the district, kind of like poetic justice in my opinion.

Not quite poor coaching for a man who has turned the basketball program around at Central High School. If you were at the game, anyone could see that 3 of Beau Brown's fouls were crappy calls. His fifth foul occurred when he got the rebound and the ref decided that because he had the ball, he deserves the foul. Yes, if Beau was in the game, I do believe Central would have won. No, I don't believe that was the only reason why they lost. Turnovers hurt Central, but it Beau would have been in the game, that gives CHS another ball handler who is a major part of breaking the press. It confuses me how they called fouls on Brown the whole game, but in the last minute, the refs called nothing. Now, I'm not blaming the loss on the refs, but these weren't exactly the best refs I've seen. They weren't good for either team. It's alright though because I hope to see Central there again the next two years. Beau will be more determined than ever these next two to carry CHS to the same point, if not further. Congratulations and Good Luck to Alcoa, but Good Job Beau and the Central Chargers, you really have made Central High School proud.

It gives them another rebounder also if Brown stays in But he didn't, Teams win basketball games not players. Without Bledsoe stepping up late in the season they don't make it that far Because he gave them a fourth option to score and blocked some shots, next year they will be better just because they will have a better point guard, who should play more team ball, all their good players are coming back. But give the other team credit they found a way to win.

From what i understand, Central had the lead and Armstrong had 3 turnovers in a row, all resulting in Alcoa points. I saw a little bit of highlights and one time he got the ball in the press and tried to go through a double team. He made some poor decisons. I think when he lost the ball there was a little contact, but he was way out of control trying to go through the double team. Give Alcoa credit.

This game was the Beau and Ryan show. Beau left hand only head down 4 charging fouls. Alcoa coaches did the good job of knowing this. the players were waiting for him every time. It looked like the plan was to give it to him and get out of the way. The worst passer on the team was throwing in every out of bounds play. Always to the worst spot on the floor. Never in the corner.

The killer play was up 3 with 59 seconds and thrown away by point guard.

Does any of this sound like good coaching? This game is a team game all five has to be involved. The 6' 10" big man played a great game, but a poor passing team did not know how to get him the ball. The best passer, best shooter on team and good ball handler was never involved in the press. Never involved in the offense only. Played the entire game and only took four or five shots. Made four of them.

I am a scout for three Div 1 and several NAIA reams and cannot find out any stats on any of the Central players. Do they not keep stats. The best all around player on this team is #23 the Soph. He has the entire package, but is on the wrong team.

Ther are several teams that interested and that is who they sent me to look at.

The coaches at Central need to wake up and realise that this kid can play the game.

I'm pretty sure Beau didn't have 4 charging fouls. It's more like the refs already had his number picked out before the game even started. How can you blame the players mistakes on the coach. I could understand if he had them in a defense that couldn't stop the other team or running an offense that couldn't score, but plays made by the point guard can't be the coach's fault. I'm sure the plan was not to get the ball to Beau and then get out of the way, it's just that the coach knows what how good of a player he is and knows what he is capable of doing. Also, you are entitled to your own belief that #23 is better than Beau, but I disagree. They both have two totally different games, but if given the choice, I would prefer Beau over #23 any day.

I'm pretty sure Beau didn't have 4 charging fouls. It's more like the refs already had his number picked out before the game even started. How can you blame the players mistakes on the coach. I could understand if he had them in a defense that couldn't stop the other team or running an offense that couldn't score, but plays made by the point guard can't be the coach's fault. I'm sure the plan was not to get the ball to Beau and then get out of the way, it's just that the coach knows what how good of a player he is and knows what he is capable of doing. Also, you are entitled to your own belief that #23 is better than Beau, but I disagree. They both have two totally different games, but if given the choice, I would prefer Beau over #23 any day.

I totally agree with you Adam. It was like the refs already had Beau spotted before the game....O yeah, on the other subject, Beau is way better than #23...Beau is the best player on the McMinn Central basketball team, no doubt.

I agree too...Beau Brown is awesome. Is it true he isn't playin baseball this year and he is trying out for the Atlanta Celtics AAU team? Just heard that the other day and was wondering if it was true. I think that would be a smart decision. It is obvious that basketball is his sport...so he should choose it over baseball...but i was just wonderin if that was true.