Hey CoachT

OrangeCrush23

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what you're talking about...Ask my dad that when my parents get home...See, I called into work today but I told him that I wasn't scheduled. Well, they have to go get some cat food, and I just know they're going to ask if I was supposed to work tonight. :( I'm not worried about what my dad will say but I know my stepmom will put her 2 cents in and I hate it when she does that. :D

Oh well...I have my reasons.

I checked the Clinton ranking...again....and it says we are now 18th. I know many of you think I'm complaining about this, and it really doesn't matter. I guess I just don't understand. I realize that these rankings are formulated by Strength + Success, which leads to my conclusion that these are bogus. BC is 1st? B) I know they are a great team, top 3 no doubt (911, please don't yell at me again), but they didn't make it to the championship. That's like saying Michigan or Florida State is #1 in the College rankings. White Station is 16th :lol: , Oak Ridge is ahead of DB ;) , Glencliff :o and White Station :) ...Once again, I guess I just don't understand. White Station won, right??? Doesn't that make them 1? Numero Uno? Maybe what I'm asking for is a list of rankings that is not based on Strength + Success. Hopefully, that would make a lot more sense. How can White Station's schedule ranking move them down so far if they only lost 2 games???

Edited by OrangeCrush23

I checked the Clinton ranking...again....and it says we are now 18th. I know many of you think I'm complaining about this, and it really doesn't matter. I guess I just don't understand. I realize that these rankings are formulated by Strength + Success, which leads to my conclusion that these are bogus. BC is 1st? :D I know they are a great team, top 3 no doubt (911, please don't yell at me again), but they didn't make it to the championship. That's like saying Michigan or Florida State is #1 in the College rankings. White Station is 16th :D , Oak Ridge is ahead of DB B) , Glencliff :huh: and White Station :huh: ...Once again, I guess I just don't understand. White Station won, right??? Doesn't that make them 1? Numero Uno? Maybe what I'm asking for is a list of rankings that is not based on Strength + Success. Hopefully, that would make a lot more sense. How can White Station's schedule ranking move them down so far if they only lost 2 games???

Orange, I don't think you understand the formula. It is simply winning percentage plus in-state opponents' winning percentage.

A more complex system would be more accurate, sure, but it'd be too taxing on the CoachT server from what I understand, and we have enough problems having all the scores reported as it is.

Also, the White Station rating doesn't count Bolivar as an opponent because Bolivar doesn't count the HOF game, and it doesn't count the five (very good) out-of-state opponents they beat.

I don't know that its an issue now, but during the year at least, a lot of their in-town opponents' scores were only put in when they played WS or a top-12 team in the city.

The SOS keeps fouling up, for some reason. We need to get it right and lock it for the year. We will when iamoz is settled back in after his trip to South Bend with the MTSU Lady Raiders.

It is correct on the home page now, with White Station number 1. These rankings aren't going to represent the final rankings from top to bottom as to the way they finished in the regional, sectionals, and state. It is not intended to do that. What it does is rank everyone based on the entire season and indicate who, compared to the state tournament, "overachieved" at tourney time which is exactly what everyone wants their team to do.

Clinton finished ranked 21st which shows how well they performed at tourney time in order to reach the state. Their 11 overall losses keep them from being higher in the SOS.

I knew that it ranked rank the teams on the entire season. I also realized that our 11 losses kept us out of the top 10. But 4 of our losses came out of state, and 3 of our wins did as well. I don't how this affects us. I didn't mean to say those rankings were bogus. I really appreciate CoachT replying back and explaining...Opperman as well. I know it seems like all I do is complain about these things, but I really am thankful that there is a site for Tennessee sports fans to gather and talk. CoachT, thanks for working on this site, keep it up! :) You won't see me complain about the rankings anymore.

Edited by OrangeCrush23