Unaka's State Tournament Effort's Were Amazing

starman

Unaka Rangers

Highest Field Goal percentage ever shot in the state tournament as a team

60 of 96 62.5 % for teh entire tournament.

Highest field goal percentage ever shot in a half 10 of 10 against Temple 100%

Rusty Chambers, ties free throw percentage 12 of 12 100%

We get no respect when it comes to team rankings or the all state teams nor will we ever be mentioned for Mr. Basketball but one thing is for certain.

The Gold Ball is at Unaka High School

One rep from the TSSAA said is best when he replied. It was the best display of team basketball, passing and shooting that he had ever seen at that level.

And a team that was disciplined and well coached

One who showed very little emotion unitl the final horn sounded after the championship

I just got to witness HOOSIERS PART 2 and this one was much better than the first movie. The characters were real and the team was much better.

Good job Guys, you deserved it.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With this being the first time I have ever seen Unaka play I was really impressed. They played great team ball. There was no one person who won that game for them, the team won it. Their fans were very respectful and the team played with a lot of class. As someone stated earlier they might not of been the best 1A team in the state but they took full adavantage of all of the upsets and have a gold ball to show for it. :justwrestle:

honors keep pouring in

kingsport times

coach of the year donald ensor Unaka

rusty chambers 1st team all northeast tennessee

joins charles lindholm Volunteer, joe brown o central, thomas harrison kingsport db and jerome odem Science Hill.

Unaka is finally getting some respect.

i can't remember a coach or player from our school being named to kingsports stuff

I understand you are proud of the Unaka team, and you should be they played a heck of a tournament. But, this was not better than Hoosiers. If they had competed in and won the AAA tournament, that could have been considered like Hossiers. And, Jimmy Chitwood (Bobby Plump in real life) and he rest of the characters were real.

To you dukefanatic, that might be true but eveyone on Stoney Creek and most of Carter County would disagree with you. You go back and read this board over the past few months and the only people that thought they would win is the Unaka fans. I had the opportunity to visit Milan, Indiana it's not too far across the Kentucky line and yes Bobby Plump did hit the shot. He also has a restaurant there today. You might not buy into it but that's ok. For the basketball fans from Stoney Creek who have waited countless years for a state championship, sorry to disappoint everyone but this was our version of Hoosiers.