weekend tournaments in Shelbyville

Well, its like this. If you can't beat a 15 and under team that has NEVER beaten Sport Shop, how in the world do you figure you can even compete with a vastly improved SSS? To go on top of that, it was the 1st time this years version of Sport Shop had EVER played on the floor together with the two new and very strong additions. Speaking for the entire Sport Shop orginization, we have not been and will not be in the practice of ducking/dodging any competition and will play anyone on a neutral floor. Try to stop the right hand and you get hit with the left! :unsure::P:)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this is talk..

Let's put it on the floor...

Team Pride 16 vs Sport Shop 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, and bring back Aby Ramsey if you want to.

Hooptown on Sunday, April 4, 2004 at 2:00 PM. Bring money to share pay for refs.

Tiffany said, "Tom...bring it on!"

Why do we need to come down their and play on Sunday April 4th. You had your chance this weekend to play us and you couldn't win to get to us so what do we have to prove by driving to hooptown. We are thinking about taking them to Memphis that weekend to play some competition anyway cause the looks of last weekend no one in the M'Boro area gave it to us. 119 to 80 with no practice and a running clock, their no telling what would have happen if we were able to work with them on their defense and the clock would not have been running. I will have to say that the Team Pride 15 under team has a really good team but never got the chance to see the Team Pride 16 under except for a couple min. againist Team Pride 15s. Our 15 under team is good but I will be the first to admit that we have alot of work to do before we become what we need to be before you can win the nationals. It is nice though to be able to play everyone and not know the difference between the 1st group and the 2nd group.

Showtime7: All I have to say I really think the post by CBG is really funny.

CPGB06: I am glad you are entertained. Did you forget the “is”?

Showtime7: 119 to 80 is nuff said cause that is how bad Sport Shop 15 under beat Team Pride 15s.

CPGB06: Well if Team Pride 15U’s beat Team Pride 16U’s by 2 in overtime, then playing us should be a cake walk. I know that you could not be scared of TP16!

Showtime7: Also you were wrong Sport beat CDF 16s 100 to 41 not 100 to 89. If I'm not mistaken Team Pride 15 under only beat them by 3 the first night but guess they were tired then also.

CPGB06: Sorry, that was the score I heard. I am sure you are correct. This information should make you feel even more confident in your team’s ability to crush the Team Pride 16U. With this evidence, you could probably send only your second string to handle the lowly Team Pride 16U….Right?

Showtime7: Both Pride teams are not bad teams at all but do not down grade a team that that run through the whole tourney with only one game under 40 points.

CPGB06: I did down grade the teams we played in our pool. We won by a total of 335 to 76. That is not competition. We came to this tournament because of our experience last year. We played the Stars, Pacesetters, Magic, and Sport Shop. Your tournament did not give us a challenge this year greater than our sister team. It was hard to justify the $210 for that. Did you mean to use only one “that” and use the word “ran”?

Showtime7: Their no telling how many points they would have scored if they would have had as many practices as both Team Pride teams and if the skunk rule wouldn't have been set with 14 min. to go in the 1st half. Could have scored 160 to 170

CPGB06: The word “Their” should be spelled “There” in this sentence.

Showtime7: Why do we need to come down their and play on Sunday April 4th. You had your chance this weekend to play us and you couldn't win to get to us so what do we have to prove by driving to hooptown.

CPGB06: You did everything you could to keep from playing us in the tournament. That is the reason you arranged the tournament the way you did. Your team had three lame pool games and then put yourselves in the brackets with a bye? And then you put both Pride teams on the same side of the bracket? Let’s face it, you were scared to put your team in a position to play a fresh Team Pride team. You just wanted to have your team feel good about yourselves.

If you cannot play on April 4th, then name the time and place. A Wednesday night is good. We will come to Shelbyville Central if you would like. Just allow me the opportunity to arrange it with my parents and ensure that I can get the team there.

Again, your use of the word “their” is incorrect.

Edited by CPGB06

I'm glad you can spell and looks like you missed your calling. You would have been a great English Teacher. If you would have got to us you would have got what you wanted but you didn't so why whine about it. If you want to you can email me or send me a personal message on here and I will tell you exactly what tourneys we will be attending and maybe you can come and play us their. If not stop making excuses and worry about Memphis Showboats and Tennessee Stars cause from what I heard they both are loaded.

Showtime7: I'm glad you can spell and looks like you missed your calling. You would have been a great English Teacher.

CPGB06: There is no substitute for communication.

Showtime7: If you would have got to us you would have got what you wanted but you didn't so why whine about it.

CPGB06: No…you did everything you could to keep from playing us, and designed your bracket so that only a worn out team would play your championship game. You know, you can buy a trophy and put it in your case without the entire hassle.

Showtime7: If not stop making excuses and worry about Memphis Showboats and Tennessee Stars cause from what I heard they both are loaded.

CPGB06: The Memphis Showboats did not turn their (note spelling) entry form in on time and will not participate in the Tennessee AAU State events. The Stars are always good and we would like to play them as well.

Okay OneMan

I have read your post a few times now and not made since of your statement. Perhaps I do go overboard with the written language, but I cannot stand it when I see otherwise intelligent people use the word “their” for “there”.

The overall issue is that Sport Shop ran this tourney and they did everything they could to keep from playing Team Pride 16U. They had a lame three game pool and scheduled themselves with a bye in the bracket.

The other two pools had four game pools to gain a number one seed. Most fair-minded people would have scheduled both of the four game pool winners with the bye in the bracket, and give the team that only had three games in pool (SSS) to play in quarter finals.

Because the Sport Shop folks wanted to contrive for the $15.00 trophy more than winning it on the court, they made sure that they would not have a rested Team Pride team in the championship game. They had a cake-walk 60+ win against their semi bracket foe, and expect the winner of a Team Pride against Team Pride to walk in and play as fresh as them?

Frankly, I do not care about the $15.00 trophy myself. I just wanted to use the CoachT venue to expose what the cronies in Shelbyville are up to. Apparently, they are more concern about feeling good about saying that they won by contriving, than playing the best teams in their own tournament.

Well the challenge is there. Any time, any place, bring it on. But I would not expect Tom Insell to take the challenge. Whether it be at Hooptown, or Shelbyville, or anywhere else. I am wondering if his girls would want to take the challenge? I have a good feeling that the Sport Shop girls would vote to take the challenge. So why don't you Tom?

Edited by CPGB06

It all about playing competition. What good are we going get out of going and winning by 40 points, none. Get over it cause it is over and next year you need to win if you want to play us. If you get tired and can't win two games at this past weekend tourney then how are you going win two in one day at the nationals. What did you finish last year at the Nationals???????