Maryville

~justme~

Guest kenwoodrun
brentwood as in brentwood high school. i think tullahoma has the most unusual. the straightaways are so much longer than the turns.

Tullahoma has an unusual feel, I agree. As a distance runner back in the day, I always ran good times there. I thought it was pretty conducive to distance running. Another weird track is Overton in Nashville if you've ever been there...it feels to me like it had the tightest turns imaginable and what seemed like 120m straights. What's funny, is Rossview built their track three years ago, but they did mismeasure it something awful...something about the contractor getting yards and meters screwed up. So they didn't host anything their first year, finally got it corrected and opened last year and now have a beautiful facility that is supposed to host the Nashville AAA sectional next year.

By the way, Justme, if you are who I think you are, it's nice to see you around again...hope things are ok for you :)

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, from what I heard Maryville got their numbers up again, girls are actually coming out to run, unlike last year. I think the 100 and 200 relays will improve when McCord stops being lazy and starts running, along with Logan Flowers. We have one standout thrower that comes to mind, and only one standout person in field events (a triple jumper). So I am not really sure if they will be as strong as last year, but I am sure they will get a good amount of wins.

Logan isnt running track....our 4 x 1 team is 1st leg McCord or voto 2nd brain strong 3rd dee arrington or voto and 4th jesse Miles

From what I hear, Logan Flowers is going to run this year. Of course last year Tyler Gaskin was going to run and that fell through, so who knows?! But yea, Aaron May is the thrower the triple jumper is Paul Bowman, he is a sophomore jumping at about 40 or so, he will long jump too. They don't have a high jumper, from what I can think of, maybe Ross Pinion. They have the returning state champion at the pole vault. They lose a great girls long jumper to softball. In girls they will also have Brandi Skipworth who is a real hard worker and will do well on the relay teams, and they have a great distance runner for the girls, her name slips my mind. Distance seems to be the problem really, there are a few good ones, but in distance numbers of good runners is the key, Maryville does not have this.

just a question......who told you that crap??? who in there right mind would build a track that is not 400 meters....sure turns and straightaways can be different but there is absolutely no way tssaa would alow official competition on a short track

I know for a fact that Bradley's track is off I was there when they got it rubberized and relined the company came in with lasers and it was off by a couple of meters and if I am not mistaken I think Cleveland's track is off as well Walker Valleys has not been measured with a laser yet but we are working to get it rubberized and when we do I am sure they will measure it then

O.K. if someone built me a track that i paid a whole heck of a lot of money for and it was off, even by a meter, if the company didnt offer to do it again for free, i believe there would be a lawsuit.....i just really wonder why teams would have there track off......

I know the Tullahoma track pretty well and yes, it does have a feel of it's own. The curves are tight and the straights are long. Kenwoodrun, I am glad you liked it as a runner. Must have had a good closing kick. I just know I would hate to be a leg of the 4x100 or a 300 m hurdler on the inside lane...

A lot of tracks have a different feel, whether it is the layout or the surface. Maybe it is the track & field version of a home court advantage. B)