TSSAA needs work

puckett10

the girl who won 1a ms bball im sure is a great player, but i dont see ho she could be as much as a treasure to her team as snow from Clarkrange. Snow had a great reg. season and stepped up big time in state tourney and led her team to a state title, but all for nothing as far as ms bball was concerned, andi just think that is crappy. michelle , understand that for the ENTIRE season, u deserved it.

lets say johnson, beech, and hensley were neck nd neck all thru reg. season, anyones game to who is better, well the answershined thru in state beech was awesome and it was evident that she was the best and most deserving of her award, but nothing in state had a thing to do with voting.

COME ON TSSAA UR KINDA OF CHEATING THOSE GIRLS. what do yall think voting after state???

I know you're not the first and I'm sure you won't be the last to be mad about your personal pick not winning the Miss Basketball award. Why should they change the voting procedures for the award just because you feel your player should have won? Get over it and celebrate Michelle's accomplishments over her career...one of them helping lead the Lady Buffaloes to the state title this year with a very good group of teammates.

Those that vote on the award are selected by their peers based on experience and knowledge of the game. There are nine on the committee - 3 from the west, 3 from the middle and 3 from the east. I know a few of the committee members and trust their judgement. They take into account the TSSAA media nominations, but they rely heavily on what the coaches that coach against the nominees have to say in the matter. I believe that coaches know a bit more than a biased fan.

Edited by sportsradiotn