LC vs. CC

sball2

The bat was ruled illegal last night because the bat was not own the ASA approved list. The bat is in the process of getting on the list. The TSSAA follows the guidelines on the ASA bat list. It is crazy 15 pages of bats that you have to keep up with.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guru, it's amazing how with 15 pages of bats it was easy for you to know that it was an illegal bat. Must have known that all along. Wonder if you had an insight on it??? As for the bat, it is marked with an ASA 2004 approval sticker. And as for the player's actions, in case you weren't paying attention she made an error that could have won the game at 5-2. She was very emotional, and felt she was yet again contributing to another game breaking play. And being robbed of her hit. By the way Guru, how did you know that the bat wasn't on the list when the list was in your car the whole game?? Maybe you really did have a heads up! Thank that other Coach for us,huh. Yeah, we know who the person is. :P But above all why didn't the umpires check the bats at the begining of the game like they are supposed to do.

Your team is not the only team that uses worth bats. I have used worth bats since the first EST came out that was black. As a matter of fact Lincoln County had the first demo black est )Melanie Carter and 17 Homeruns in season)

I am proud to use worth bats and I keep up with what products are available. I know your team gets alot of demo bats to use and try out. I am proud for your team. So as far as Louisville, ANderson and other bats companies I do not know what bats are legal and what bats are illegal but for worth bats I know what was legal as of last night. I guess the heated rivalry is back in tack. Reminds me of the days in the past.

I am not upset at Guru, I am upset at the fact that he waited till her 4th time at bat to decide to do something about it. It shows what type of coach you are when you do that. It was a legal bat when she struck out and got walked, but the first time she actually connected, it was an illegal bat. In no way, shape or form did ANYONE on that team including the coaches know that the bat was "illegal." And as for that, after the coach talks to TSSAA and confirms whether or not it was illegal, I will be happy to get back on a apologize to eveyone who reads these posts.

hey forest same here if legal but again yu ,our coach,your coach or any other coach is going to say anything while your making outs. and as far as our coach he is your strongest supporter in this district and all yu got to do is go back thru old threads to see his positive remarks about coffe co. dont believe yu will find any other coaches in our district sticking up for yu. again he didnt do anything wrong. he did his job.

:D And you wonder why the professionals are like they are. Apparently you seemed to have received information that C.C. had a hot bat. If that was the case why didn't you bring it up before the game or when she first got up to bat? Why did you wait until the 9th inning? The bat was given to C.C. by Worth. Truely did not know it was illegal. I mean please, It wasn't like everyone used it. So someone put a bug in your ear, (apparently it had to be someone who knew the team and the family. When Shayna or team members were asked what bat she was using now it was told to anyone who asked. Wasn't kept a secret. ) Thought you would wait and see if it hurt you. Wow that is the way to Coach. Why not take the bat out of her hands before the game?? Call illegal, illegal. And just for extra knowledge. She was hitting the ball over the fence her sopohmore year. So it wasn't the bat. Only had it a couple of weeks. Shayna is a fair ballplayer and person. She loves the game and loves the people she plays with. It dosn't matter if she is playing with Coffee County or her this years summer ball team in Columbia. Don't try and take that away from her. She was very emotional at the game because she was scared she hurt the team. IT cost them an out and the game was on the line. The L.C. girls and fans were really nice. Some of the girls even told her it was a good hit. Shayna told L.C. coach that what he did was wrong(just to him) and he said while shaking his head "WHATEVER". I must say. It's not the players or the fans that give the sports a bad name it's the Coaches. Enjoyed the game and food L.C. players and fans. It's a shame a good game (with lots of errors) is being brought down by this and it could have all been prevented BEFORE the game.