What will it take to beat Walker Valley?

Bear For Life

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish we could play in those tournaments too, but since we're AA the tournament directors don't think we would be competitive. And you're right we may lose a couple in those tournaments, but it's still good work.

LOL...you sure it isn't because those AAA tournament directors think you'd be too competitive? I've seen you guys three times this year and I have been very impressed by most of what I've seen. I think you have one weak spot but I won't say what it is because I don't want to offend a kid.

Walker Valley is the best around in AA but, there definately not the best in the area. your forgetting that McMinn County split with Cleveland, and swept Bradly. So if wv got beat by clevelands #4, in the preseason, there just not on the same level as Bradley, Cleveland, or, don't forget McMinn. I think wv's record is great its alot prettier than McMinns but McMinn, Bradley, and Cleveland have played with the top teams in the state, and know what its like to get in the ring with the big boys.

Edited by Man of Steel

hey man of steel: WV beat Bradley, WV was not at full strength when they played Cleveland in PRE-season, and WV scrimmaged McMinn County several times during per-season and won those so............. I am not saying that Cleveland, Bradley or McMinn couldn't beat WV, I'm just saying your argument is not logical based on games played.

You would think Walker Valley would try to get into maybe a little more competitive tournament since they're considered one of the top teams in the state. They need to be in the Sportsbelle or the Warrior Classic..who cares if they lose one or two. It's going to make them better playing these bigger AAA schools that have a baseball reputation.

I tell you what there Grad, I very much respect your opinions on baseball trivia, but I'm here to tell you those teams in that tourney were not bad. We saw some of the best pitching we have seen all year, bar none. It was definatly not just a walk in the park. I expect to see some of these teams advance on in post season play. Coach Turner seems to know what he is doing so we will just let him continue to do his job.

Ok, if that is true then I stand corrected. Since I have never really been involved with many AA teams other than this area, I have to go a lot on things I hear. So if I am incorrect on this one, then I stand corrected. And please don't think I was downing WV in any way. I think they are the best overall team in the southeast TN area. I was just curious about their scheduling. Thanks for the clarification.

Not trying to call you out or anything there Grad. Just trying to give some credit where credit is due. You all got a class A program there in the Owls nest. Maybe some day we can get some computer guru to set us up an updated team web site like you all have. Good luck to you!

Out of the bunch you just mentioned, the only team that I would put up against WV would be Cleveland. McMinn could beat them, but Bradley has no hope. WV is the real deal around Southeast TN.

It was a 3-1 game at WVHS. I would say that there is reason to say there was "hope" in that game. WV would not have such an impressive record if they played in 5AAA instead of 5 AA. Remember, Bradley is the last place team in that district and they only beat them by 2 runs. According to the papers Bradley has had there way in easy wins over all 5AA teams except WV.

But remember Nick WV has to play 5aa because that is the division they are in. The other aaa teams they have played have been good in there own right. No one knows until the season starts who and who will not be a force on the field that is why they play the game. WV is not unbeatable but all everyone can do is speculate until these games are played. If you went by records WV would be State Champs but it doesn't work that way. Let them play and let the chips fall where they may.