Illegal Players

I noticed in the Riverdale Tournament this weekend that the Shooters (Morgan/Roane County team) are entered as a 15-under team, but they have a 17-year old that is a junior from Kingston. Will they check birth certificates at this tournament? They may have a couple of players that are too old besides him. I have a nephew that plays in Scott County and we have had some trouble against that team in the past.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Shooters have been known from time to time to play older players in order to win. Heck, Foley was driving to the games last year and he's still playing for them. If his birth certificate is in order then he needs to be arrested for under age driving.

Stiltner always told me that those Kingston guys were cheaters.

I know exactly what you mean and even who you are talking about. I have had the same things happen with just the team you are talking about.

I register my teams AAU and YBOA each year. This way everyone knows my teams play their legal grade and age. I keep birth certificates and proof of grades with me at all tournaments. I have come to learn that most team(NOT ALL) that does not play sactioned tournaments like AAU and YBOA, are carrying over aged and higher grade kids on their teams. The bad part is that the over age kid isn't getting any better. The good part is.............well is there a good part? Yea, the younger kids and the coach of that team get to say they won.

Who does it help in the end? Only the other teams, cause while their playing in their legal age group, they have to play older kids. They have to play harder and smarter to win. Which means they're learning.

• 2 weeks later...

I see where the Illegal Shooters are playing at South-Doyle this weekend. When are they going to start playing by the rules? In addition to playing a 17-year old in a 15-under tourney in Murfreesboro, they played a kid that isn't even on their roster in place of a kid that couldn't make it.

Edited by ask_me

I see where the Illegal Shooters are playing at South-Doyle this weekend. When are they going to start playing by the rules? In addition to playing a 17-year old in a 15-under tourney in Murfreesboro, they played a kid that isn't even on their roster in place of a kid that couldn't make it.

I am in no way saying that it is ok to play illegal players in tournaments. But, in most of these tournaments you guys are talking about are not sanctioned. Therefore, as far as the roster goes, it can change from week to week if these tourneys are not sanctioned. I am in no way trying to bash or question anyone's honesty or integrity.

Well cfbf, you must not know the player that plays for the Shooters, because he is a 17-year old rising senior that started for the Kingston High School team this past season as a junior. Tony Shannon is known around the Scott, Morgan, Anderson, Roane Counties as a cheater. And anyone that defends him must be in the same boat.

It sounds like there is a lot of jealousy going on. I believe my nephew is the one that people are referring to when they say there is a Shooter that is 17. If you "know it alls" knew all the facts then you would have nothing to talk about. Not that anyone deserves facts about him, because you don't, however, I must ask you this- how many of you drove a car and/or truck before reaching the age of 15/16-if I speculated like you guys then I would say that WAY over half of the players playing AAU ball is illegal because 90 % of the players drive now days. I did and I drove everywhere at the age 13 and 14. So what does that mean, my nephew has been seen driving.

I am glad you guys speculating are not lawyers ( well I hope you are not) representing anyone because if that's how you weigh out facts to determine, the truth or who's honest or not, then, your clients would be in trouble. I happen to know, for fact, that there is some of the ROCKET players who drives as well. Does that mean they are illegal- well I guess so, if we, are to use these facts for illegibility or to determine ones age.