Discus and Shot

crkjon

What stinks though is that those two guys plus two others that can throw over 46 are all in the same section making the competition extremely hard to make it to state. And what stinks even more is that the top throw from another section is probably gonna be somethin lower than the worst throw of these four shot putters.

I guess a person who can throw 43 deserves to get to go to state instead of a person that can throw 46...

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you think that the Nashville A/AA section is just loaded in the shot put and will have 4 of the top throwers in the state, but you don't realize some of the other marks that have been thrown around the state. The Memphis area has had a 49' and 46' throw. The Chattanooga section has had a 46' throw, and the state leader for boys A/AA is Josh Bentley from Sullivan North in section 1-A/AA who has a throw of 53' 4.25". Just thought I would let you see what you guys are up against across the state.

Coach Chris

Knoxville West

I know you think that the Nashville A/AA section is just loaded in the shot put and will have 4 of the top throwers in the state, but you don't realize some of the other marks that have been thrown around the state. The Memphis area has had a 49' and 46' throw. The Chattanooga section has had a 46' throw, and the state leader for boys A/AA is Josh Bentley from Sullivan North in section 1-A/AA who has a throw of 53' 4.25". Just thought I would let you see what you guys are up against across the state.

Coach Chris

Knoxville West

guys, look out, RocknTN is the authority on everything

but seriously, Id be willing to bet that there are throws under 46 that make it t state, which is all puttheshot was saying...

-and puttheshot, you may not be trying to act like you know every throw down to the 1/4 inch, but I am- the Ezell guy threw 46'10.5"

I know you think that the Nashville A/AA section is just loaded in the shot put and will have 4 of the top throwers in the state

Really?...I said that? hmmm...well I guess I have a bad memory or something. So far coaster is the only person smart enough to understand the point I made.

Thanks Coach Chris for you input though..

46 and 47 feet isn't "loaded" by any means. I could throw that at the region meet tomorrow and get 5th or 6th place. If 46 feet gets you to states, then your region is weak.

Well, 1st and second was 48-01.5 and 46-10.5. The next two were both 46-6 and then 5th was 45-11.5....

...that seems pretty solid to me- I dont know who you are, but you would have to break 46 to get that 5th place spot you were talking about.

Also, there are four sections- I know results for two of them in shot, and so far, Section 3 has the two farthest throws.... so what are you talking about? the sections stacked...

In section 1-AAA, we had 9 throws over 45 feet, 7 over 46 and 4 throws over 48 feet. I was fortunate enough to be able to get a long one off and get in the state. I felt we had the strongest region in the state all year long and the best shot-putter in our region didn't even get in. I think he was also the best shot-putter in AAA in the state.

In section 1-AAA, we had 9 throws over 45 feet, 7 over 46 and 4 throws over 48 feet. I was fortunate enough to be able to get a long one off and get in the state. I felt we had the strongest region in the state all year long and the best shot-putter in our region didn't even get in. I think he was also the best shot-putter in AAA in the state.

congratulations. Thats an impressive throw for a decathlete...