All-State

TNLAX6

I remember awhile back Tennessee put together a team and they went and played up at Notre Dame. I think they got second to the georgia team. Farragut had a couple kids on the team.

We took a team up there the fall before my junior year. It was the biggest bust ever. The sponsers said there would be lots of teams from all over the country and several college scouts there, but when we got there, there was a team from MO, IL, IN, OH, and a couple others. There were less than 5 scouts there. Plus it was the weekend after football ended, so half of the guys from MUS, MBA and McCallie weren't really into it. We did fine though. It was kind of a round robin, and there wasn't a champion, but we probably won more that half of our games. I don't know if they went back up there after that or not.

Was it an All-State team that went? I'm still kind of curious as to if there are All-State team tournements for lax, that would definately be worth while. If not, would there ever be a possibility of having such a thing.

It was mostly the all state team with a couple of guys to fill space. There is no real tournament for all state, but the vail shootout has several all county and hand picked all star teams present.