9-AAA district tourney

bonero23

Sorry, but I dont have anymore scores. Ive made a few phone calls, but cant get anything. Now, about the past posts....

I am to confused how Hendersonville plays almost flawlessly against teams such as Soddy, Beech, and Cumberland, but cant seem to get by the others. I dont know if they come into the game over-confident or what. No doubt about it, Hendersonville is a good team, with great coaching. They are a very competitive team as well. Some days, such as today against Wilson Central, things went well. Great pitching, no errors to my knowledge, and were hitting the ball. Other days, it looks like they dont want to be there.

This is my personal opinion. I still and always will support and respect the Hendersonville squad, as well as the rest of the school athletics. Its just confusing.. :D

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like most teams you play to the level of your competition. The difference has to be coaching and how the coaches prepare the girls for each game. Hopefully district tournament play will bring out the best with a "do or die" attitude. Hendersonville has the players and the coaches.

Redbaron, Thanks for the update. I agree with you that it appears they just have letdowns. From what I have seen, they do this after one of their great wins. The next game they look like they have never played. That is why I disagree with FpFanatic about player rotations, injuries, change in line ups, etc. This does not explain routine plays. On TENNBASILE comment, you are right on with that statement. I see the best teams fall into that mode. The coach is very good and had always had his teams prepared in the past, that is why I made the comment about the team being so fickle, and believe it is lack of player focus. So please don't jump on me to hard FPFanatic. Good to share opinions with you guys.

I will agree as well with TennBasile. Majority of teams have been known to do this. iconu2, will you be at the Lavergne game tuesday? I wont be able to because of work, would like details from the game if you do attend. If my boss will let me, i might run down from Baskin Robbins to catch a few minutes, lol. :angry:

Redbarron, Sorry, I will be in Knoxville this week and miss most of the games. That is why I really rely on you to keep us informed on what is happening and scores. Hope to see some district games, but will be out of town on business until Thursady May 13. Please post whatever happens. I really appreciate your help. Looks like district may line out like this Hendersonville, Lavergne or Smyrna, WC will have to play each other, Beech Smyrna or Lavergne, White house will match up. What do you think???

Tennbasile, Here we go again!! Hendersonville beats another good program. This has to be the strangest year I have ever seen from Hendersonville, and I go back to Jamie Scott days if any of you remember her. The first great player Hendersonville program had. Redbarron, do you remember her???

Jaime Scott.......I do not remember her. This is the way i see the district falling into place:

1.Beech

2.Wilson Central

3.Hendersonville

4.White House

5.Lavergne

6.Mt.Juliet

7.Gallatin

8.Smyrna

I cant remember if they changed the system on how the district plays out. TennBasile and I talked about it for a little bit at the Wilson Central game. My prediction though is that Beech and Hendersonville will go 1 and 2 in the district again this year. They have been playing great ball the past couple games, so hopefully that keeps up.

iconu2, im hoping to make it to a couple games myself, but work is very demanding of me, and mainly work nights, starting at 3pm. I hope for phone calls to give me details. Maybe my boss will give me the evening off one night so i can catch one. Ill try to keep you informed as best I can though. :angry: