Wartburg vs Coalfield

GIBSONJ

ok ok...Coalfield won't be all that quick...u can talk about Micheal Paul all u want but we held him to 3 yards. Brandon Davis, yeah, he's quick and he's strong. I'll give u that. Steven Hensley is gonna be really good too...I'll give u that, but how is he gonna get the ball?? QB issues hurt. Our line will dominate. The thing is they're mostly all gonna be Juniors. We will have a great qb...I think so at least..it will be a good game all round though and I can't wait..

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well this is always a heated rivalery between these 2 schools and mostly it is for pride and i can't believe someone from coalfield i think it was fearbong said that he wasn't worried bout the rivarly as much making the playoffs well personally i think your region is really weak compared to wartburg's they may not win it but have done well in it for like 2 or so years not last year but coalfield would get killed worst playing alcoa and Sw but hey what do i know coalfield can beat anyone in their own eyes heck they might even win 2aa if they really put their mind into it and use their brutal speed against alcoa and Sw since they got like a few players who can run their 40 in like 4.4 ;) wartburg ought to handle it to them this season at least in my opinion but hey they may luck up with their all state line and back field. and i know old cy jacket will get sum more gray hairs over what i said i'm sure he'll have sum good points when he replys.

well this is always a heated rivalery between these 2 schools and mostly it is for pride and i can't believe someone from coalfield i think it was fearbong said that he wasn't worried bout the rivarly as much making the playoffs well personally i think your region is really weak compared to wartburg's they may not win it but have done well in it for like 2 or so years not last year but coalfield would get killed worst playing alcoa and Sw but hey what do i know coalfield can beat anyone in their own eyes heck they might even win 2aa if they really put their mind into it and use their brutal speed against alcoa and Sw since they got like a few players who can run their 40 in like 4.4 ;) wartburg ought to handle it to them this season at least in my opinion but hey they may luck up with their all state line and back field. and i know old cy jacket will get sum more gray hairs over what i said i'm sure he'll have sum good points when he replys.

I don't get gray hair, nor loose sleep over this stuff.

Good luck on the County Championship. What will this be, three or four years in a row? WOW that's awesome. :P

cy dont talk every year bout how coalfield is gonna run over wartburg then use the same excuse bout how our school is bigger than yours. u might as well just take it like a man cuz u dont see coalfields players making excuses for them self. i just see u making excuses for them.wartburg owns coalfield in athletics and u know it. their baseball team stinks basketball team stinks and their football team blows.

cy - isnt there an age limit on the coacht forums. arguing with highschool students. and saying that you don't care and wont lose any sleep , when really u cream urself over it. I find it hilarious that u love to debate issues not debatable and u loose your arguements to high schoolers, good job darsh, where did u go to school Coalfield?

cy dont talk every year bout how coalfield is gonna run over wartburg then use the same excuse bout how our school is bigger than yours. u might as well just take it like a man cuz u dont see coalfields players making excuses for them self. i just see u making excuses for them.wartburg owns coalfield in athletics and u know it. their baseball team stinks basketball team stinks and their football team blows.

Ok, next time you need to go to O.R. or Knoxville, go down 27 and through Harriman.

But at any rate. craz all you do is blow about how Coalfield stinks but you don't back it up.

Number 1) Wartburg is Class AA, Coalfield, Sunbright and Oakdale are Single A. You win a Co. Championship (which btw is the only Championship the Burg has ever won that appears to matter to them). There is a reason for these classifications. It was just not dreamed up in Coalfield so we could "cry" about it. Some one saw this as a real situation. We don't have to play out of our Classification but do to increase competion and to have this good rivalry. You guys play below your classification so you have a shot at a winning season. These are simple facts you can't dispute. So the others must "blow" and especially Coalfield because they are the most consistent against Wartburg at a .535 overall record, another fact, that really hurts your fragile ego seeing how you just win about half the time. So instead of ranting please use facts to back it up and I haven't seen any yet.

Number 2) Coalfield has been to the football playoffs in their respective division more times than all the Morgan County teams combined. That really chaps your rear, 'cause when crunch time came last year, the dawgs hit bottom and didn't make it with the gloriously touted team that was there ( I beleive you all cry about your tough division) but hey you beat Coalfield, Sunbright, and Oakdale. Wasn't that three of your five wins. Impressive.

Number 3) Coalfield's baseball is pretty poor. Lets see, at least five District, three Regional and three substate championships (another thing the Burg hasn't done consistently). Oh, did I throw in that State baseball championship. Has Wartburg won any thing at the state level? Oh, yeah that ballerina contest.

So I tell you what. I can be for Wartburg when the dawgs get it together and win consistently. Til then I will support my community, where I live and respect my neighbors when they give me reason to; and your attitude doesn't promote the respect thy neighbor concept.

Gibson, has the best attitude of any on here I've seen.

Edited by CYJacket

I'm just an observer of this thread, but it does seem that the gentleman from Coalfield places alot of stock in a schools classification equaling quality. I observed the non-region schedule last year and only wartburg was .500. While Union Co. is in Class 3A, the school hasn't won more than four games in a season since players wore leather helmets, they even protested to move away from the Knoxville area region 6 years ago, because of the competition level. Jellico, alot of tradition if your talking basketball, but football, one good year. Harriman, five years ago, and Coalfield would have been playing a power house, now it's a powder room. Of course this would all be a mute point if Coalfield had soccer, then the team could find a reliable kicker, like CAK.

Edited by PubliusValerius

Soccer damages a football program more than the benefit that one kicker would bring. Oh, and the kicker at CAK is good but did he keep the clock too? The guys from Oneida can attest to this problem. They have been a powerhouse in football for our region many years. When soccer came, the football program began to suffer.

As for Jellico, they are single a in Football and have been down. When we played them we even used freshmen and eigth graders before the first half was over.

As for Harriman, they are double a, have had a pitful record for years but this is comming off a state championship which is not unusual for small schools.

Now, my other points are valid unless you found something to dispute them. I don't think you did or you would have pointed them out.

Thanks.