Matt Spencer (Morristown West)

baseballninja

Matt Spencer is a straight up baller. i can say from experience that he is a great pitcher and hitter. i catch him every summer and every year he gets better and better. i can believe that he threw 91 and topped out at 94. He has def worked on his ability to locate the ball a lot better and should have a great chance to be a high pick. And for the people at Jeff County just because he didnt throw 91 consis and top out at 94 against you all doesnt mean he cant cuz he has and will cont. to throw that hard. not every pitcher has their best day either.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hadn't been to TeamOne in a while and checked the site and they have Matt as the #1 First Baseman in the nation. They also have some draft information that was posted on him today, but I'm not a subscriber so I can't read the article.

On the same list Kyle Waldrop was listed at #10.

They also have a article on James Atkins, who just happens to be the highest rated player in Tennessee by TeamOne. James is listed as the #5 best LHP in the nation and has a 5/4 rating. David Price comes in at #7 with a 4/4 rating. Matt McGahee is #20 with a 3/4 rating, Blake Carver is #22 with a 3/4 rating. Great showing by our Tennessee 2004 LHP's.

Chris Kirkland come in at #6 nationally at catcher with a 4/4 rating. E.T. McCreary is #38 with a 2/2 rating.

Cale Iorg is #17 nationally at middle infield and Ryan Wilkes is #33

Michael Fisher is #9 nationally at 3B and Zach Cozart is #21

John Lalor is #59 nationally at RHP and Tanner Hiles is #132

Not that any of this means anything, I just thought it was interesting. ;)

Bam5, the deal is that when matt gets drafted they have to have a catcher that can catch him. i have talked to the "agent" and he said i didnt have the right tools to play in the pros. he said that he would only sign him if you were part of the deal as well. so when you get a chance i need you to sign some papers that you agree to some money as well as matt's catcher. i am retiring from catching him. the agent said it would best for matt to get someone who is worth darn. they picked you brother. hes all yours for many years to come. congrats on the signing with the agent. good luck to you.

Again we are not talking about me. As you said this is about Matt Spencer. As I said Matt is a great talent. I am not taking that away from him. No, I did not throw 91 or strike out 18, I was not a pitcher. But if you want to make this thread talking about you and me we can. Lets talk about your playing level and playing time. It may be alot or none at all. I will be glad to show you my college stats. Lets see your college stats. But that does not settle anything. Let hear about you eo1914.

wow you must have been awesome in college to end up coaching at jeff county and talking on coacht bashing people...

• 2 weeks later...

backstop-i went down to the office and renegotiated with the agent-i told him my thumb will not be able to take the beating and i told him about a catcher close to where i live and a good friend of mine- i told him he would do just fine and i offered him a car of his choice from "the lot"- he wants to see you ASAP

Bam5,

i went to see the "agent" and came up with a solution to this draft. i told him you were bigger better and stronger for the job. i recently had thumb surgery thanks to matt spencer and can no longer catch him. the docs told me i could only catch people who threw high 80's. anything above would ruin my thunb. the agent went back to all the mlb scouts and told them the situation and have decided to sign you and have a signing bonus of 100,000. the agent said that would be enough to convince you to sign whoever matt goes to. so its set and the deal is done. i would like to be the first to say congrats on being a professional and good luck to a great career in the pros with matt. i know you will do well. one more thing i have found a new agent who make sure that i will not get drafted with him.

P.s Love it.