16U State

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To predict upsets Tennessee Thunder has to first qualify they couldnt even do that in their sub state neither team even placed so how can you even say that they will upset somebody they dont even deserve to be in the state just because they host it that doesnt mean that they should be in it but im glad their in it maybe if they get the beating they deserve maybe they'll shut their mouths

Cobra24,

1. That's the reason why they play a championship, consolation, and sometimes 5th/6th place games.

2. I have seen teams finish as low as 6th in their sub-state and participated in state and national tournaments because other clubs chose not to participate.

3. I could be wrong, but I don't think clubs have hosting rights during the sub-states and state tournaments, hosting rights only applies to clubs hosting national tournaments.

Edited by NewsAlert

Theres no question who's gonna win state. Nashville Stallions of course. Cobra24, YAB might as well give it up yall whole team is 6 foot 4 or shorter. If yall match up with us yall will lose by at least 20. Now Tennesee Thunder and Thunder Gold will get wooped by whoever they play. The only challenge we have is that team from Memphis. Everybody knows the Memphis Hoopers are going to bring it. Other than that, there's no one else who can defend us.

Cobra24,

1. That's the reason why they play a championship, consolation, and sometimes 5th/6th place games.

2. I have seen teams finish as low as 6th in their sub-state and participated in state and national tournaments because other clubs chose not to participate.

3. I could be wrong, but I don't think clubs have hosting rights during the sub-states and state tournaments, hosting rights only applies to clubs hosting national tournaments.

No all im saying is that let me show how you how the substate finishes were:

Nashville Sub-State

1 M'Boro Stars-choose not to participated

2 Memphis Hoopers- came in 2nd but took the #1 spot after the Stars dropped out

3 Nashville Stallions- took 2nd

4 Nashville Hawks

Knoxville Sub-State

1 Mottep Panthers

2 Nashville Tigers(YAB)

3 Tennessee Thunder

4 Alcoa

Fayteville Sub-State

1 Franklin Rage

2 Memphis Tigers

3 Jackson Panthers

4 Blacknights

Memphis Substate

Not Available

So tell me how did either Tennessee Thunder team even qualify both teams from Knoxville are in it the only team dropped out of the Nashville Sub-State was M'Boro Stars and the Stallions just took their place both teams from Fayteville are in it and their not supposed to take a teams place in the Memphis Sub-state unless all the teams dropped out which I doubt happened so Gomab if your own here could you please explain how both Thunder teams are in the state the 15 under team didnt even qualify or place for a 5th place game and both teams in knoxville are playing so how did the other Thunder team qualify

wchs we play the Thunder then the Franklin Rage the thunder didn't even qualify and the Rage don't have anybody over like 6'1 either so i don't see height being that much of a problem. The memphis hoopers aren't really that big either though they can jump out of the gym.

The hole scenario is crazy. That is why none of the elite teams in the state are playing 16:u AAU...

1) YOMCA... all are playing up in 17's

2) Stars... obviously would rather play a presitgious Memorial Day event than AAU

3) Ballerz... same as the stars

4) Travelers... haven't played AAU for a while

So you've got the Top 4 16:u teams in the state not even playing AAU (and that's not even including some of the Memphis teams)... AAU doesn't get meaningful anymore until 17:u, where the Nationals are sanctioned...

Gomab, Why is the whole scenario crazy? Didn't u have a team a few years back that participated in the Nationals but didn't advance out of the state? I remember Stokley asking u the same question and your reply was "a crazy scenario". I'm sure u know AAU quailfying procedures better then u are letting on.

The reason why the Y and Stars aren't playing in the state is B/C they are required to play in the Nike tournament in New Orleans this weekend, which conflicts w/the AAU State tournament. Both played in their sub-states and knew in advance that they couldn't play in the state. Since the Travelers hadn't played AAU in years, where were the Ballerz?

And will u explain to me how after one year AAU's only meaningfully tournament is the 17:u? Didn't the Ballerz obtain their automatic bid by playing in the 16's last year?

FYI, all of AAU's sub-states, states and national tournaments are sanctions events.

Edited by GoldBolt