Single A State Finals

MSUBac2001

It's that time of year again. What is everyone's take on who will be in Memphis and what are your overall predictions of who takes it?

My guesses:

West Sectional: USJ & TCA

Midwest Sectional: Goodpasture & Davidson Ac. (after upsetting Mt. Pleasant)

Mideast Sectional: Friendship Christian & Boyd Buchanan

East Sectional: Harriman and Rockwood

and my guess for the finishing order (based alot on bracket draws, not neccessarily the best teams in order)

1. Goodpasture

2. TCA

3. (Tie) USJ and Rockwood

5. (Tie) Davidson Academy and Friendship Christian

7. (Tie) Harriman and Boyd Buchanan

Honestly, I don't have a good reason for picking MtP to get upset except I figured someone will be upset and because of the strength of that region/section plus the fact the defending state champs, Davidson Academy, and Goodpasture are in that section I just guessed Mt. Pleasant will be the upset vicitm. Truthfully Mt. Pleasant is probably one of the top 3 teams in Single A baseball in the state. No offense meant, just making a wild guess.

Anything can happen at any given bounce or pitch, everyone needs their A game with them now at all times. I will tell you this though, there are some strong Class A teams this year in Tennessee. Look throughout the state they have played some strong AA and AAA teams and won. But I kind of like Mt. Pleasant and Goodpasture in the finals. Will this be a blind draw in the State, with 8 teams coming, because some BIG DOGS could hook up first and exit quick. GOOD LUCK TO ALL.