who's getting picked up?

I am one of the coaches from the 12U Lady Elite Team. For the past three years I have chosen not to participate in any dialogue on this site; Mainly because a great majority of it is speculation and non factual. However, I am inclined to let you all know that the 12U Elite coaching staff will do everything possible to put the 3 time TN State Champions in a position to be competitive for a national championship.

Fact: The two young ladies in question did not choose not to play with the Elite organization to start with. The Waves team was in a transition stage in the forming of the current organization and there were some uncertainty. These young ladies were offered an oppurtunity to participate in AAU basketball by another organization (TN Elite). The balance of the girls decided to go with the newly based organization and keep the nucleus of the team together. Once the other girls found out that we had successfully formed the new organization, they had already committed to the TN Elite. I (we) respect their decision to stay with what they had committed to.

Fact: The girls are still on the TN Elite Roster and we have no right to publish that they are playing anywhere else until that coach releases them or they choose not to play in the Memphis Regional.

"Baby Shaq" & "Catfish" Back to Back State Champions 2002 & 2003... We love you both and good luck on whatever you decide. We always have and always will support you. :ph34r:

DoUKnowDaGame1

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question? What happened to the Waves. I mean I must confess I have never really cared to much for the teams from the west. They were always loud and they always cried that they never got a fair shot playing in middle or east States if they didn't win. You know you just get tired of it. But I will say the waves changed me alot. They were a class AAU club who came prepared to play. They were well Coached and discipline on and off the court. Does anyone know why they are closing down their program? Tennessee will miss them, and so will I.

iou1uc,

I had a conversation with a group of parents from the former Waves program, they said the Waves concluded their program, for several reasons; the executive directors that ran the organization for 10+ years wanted to retire and no replacement volunteers stepped up. It was not that they were unhappy, they just wanted spend more time with their own families. Anyone who has coached or ran an organization of this magnitude knows the amount of personal time and commitment required for it to be successful. The core coaching staff also wanted to move on for family reasons, it’s difficult to be a top level team without top level coaches. I know from experience it’s also difficult to find quality people and coaches who are willing to volunteer their time and efforts and make such a huge personal commitment, some without children on the team. In some cases parents can make good coaches, but it's very difficult for most parents to be fair and objective when it comes to making decisions concerning their child. The Waves do have an 11U team this year, they’ll probably win the state next weekend, they’re a very strong team, and a 15U team that finished 4th in the state. They were not sure what’s going to happen next year with these teams. Anyway, that’s what happened to the Waves according to the parents.

The Tennesee Lady Tigers are still around. They have changed coaches and a few players from last year. They played in the North Central Substate, coming in third place behind Team Pride and Franklin Fury. I believe they also played in the Murfreesboro Super Regional and went to Ohio to a Super Regional last weekend.

They came in second, behind Team Pride in the YBOA substate a few weeks ago and will be playing in the YBOA state in Murfreesboro in June.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...