Christian Brothers

goo

i've been hearing some fairly confident talk out of several posters, presumably christian brothers players. ive also checked out their performance this year. they look pretty solid to say the least and threatening to take number four. it doesn't make sense if i remember last year's graduating class correctly. who do they have playing for them that makes them so strong, and where do they play? what are their strengths and what style ball do they play - power it up the middle, whip it across, etc.?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CBHS's center midfield is very skilled...and they are also very good at distributing the ball outwide...They'll play outwide alot, then come back inside straight up the middle...If I remember correctly #10 is very creative with the ball, especially passing wise...Their overall team speed is very good as well...Tough to defend...just deny the turn

I watched them play Oak Ridge and Bearden. Think of the possession style of play more common with a club team rather than the more direct typical high school style and you'll get a feel for what they do. They have excellent athletes and sound coaching. Nevertheless, CBHS did not dominate either of those teams and McCallie and Baylor both gave them good matches from what I've heard. They are the favorite, but they are not invincible.

CBHS will NOT REPEAT!!! Yes, they are very good, but a few of these teams pack a punch and will be willing to duke it out in shots on the goal. This will be a surprise to some, but not us who have seen them and their opponents. I like Hoya, Watched CBHS play Bearden and Oak Ridge and this dominating team you are talking about is good, but they didn't dominate EITHER of them and they had weakness that could be used against them.

I saw CBHS play Baylor in Memphis, and despite Baylor losing 1-0, they gave the Brothers everything they could handle. Baylor hit the post in the closing minutes. Still, CBHS is a great team. Very fast very skilled. Good luck to all teams. Good luck hoya, and bring the title back home.

Invasion, what type of weakness are we talking? And to whomever, I understand that they have a very quick high-powered attack (unsure where most scoring opportunities come from though...) but how's their backfield?

CBHS will win #4! this team was very young in the beginning but it is playing as a veteran unit. team is very fast and passes ball extremely well. keeper is nbig time player and defense is underrated. last 2 games against MUS and ECS they allowed 1 shot on goal. only time more than 1 goal was score was when keeper did not play and best forward was sitting(red card). do not expcet that to happen again.

Goo, even though I point these things out, to late for them to change they play nearly everything thru the center mids. it's been awhile I think #10 , he is a good player and he attacks as a forward also, Your center mid needs to keep an eye on him all the time and hand him off to the stopper. The back door is open, Keeper is good, but the door is there. Good Sweeper , but if you switch above the 18 you can stink him across. They tend to play a little dirty(pull shirts all the time) tell your coach to tell ref before game and holler during game. Plus they have bad tempers, Don;t retaliate, let them take the cards. If you enjoyed this Kingfish then good, because it was a salute to your game, but a shot at your repeat!!