Summer Softball

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Local teams playing in the 16U brackets that will be good will be the the 16U Nighthawks, the 16U Xtreme Edge, 14U Nighthawks, 14U Xplosion, and 14U Xtreme Edge, 14U Austin Eagles, 16U West Tennessee Diamonds, 16U Wildthings. I am sure there are other good teams out there but I know these teams will be good because they have dominating pitchers. Of course it does take more than pitching to win ball games. Look for the top four 14U teams in the state to appear in local 16UA tournaments and be very tough to get past. Two of these teams just placed first and second in a 16U tournament this past weekend going undefeated until the championship game. They easily hit some of the pitchers that did very, very well in high school ball. Of the top 16U teams you might see them appear in local 18U tournaments and do very well also. I am probably leaving out some top 16U teams , I just havent seen these teams play yet.

Well I have just been told that the 18u battle of the summer will be Brentwood and the Nighthawks, but I'm not familiar with the area. I have seen Camp, Brock, and Rhodes play and was very impressed, they are extremely talented athletes....but so are Peroni and Wamsley I hear. Just wondering.

As one famous coach once said, write the words, talk the talk,, Lets play the game and then we will see who wins. I agree ,on any given day anyone can win, The tourney in gallatin tn. the 16u teams were playing with pick up players and players out of position. One of the 16u teams that has just moved up, has played one of these 14u teams 6 times in the past year and has won 4 of them, So dont count anyone out yet, I also belive this, the middle tennesse aera has some of the strongest teams in the state in any age group.

I dont know what team you are talking about. I know the Edge has never been beaten by any of the 16U teams there. You are right both the 14U teams and 16U teams both probably had girls not there and some out of position. It does make a difference. It is kind of par for the course at this time of the year.

Both Maryville Magic 18U teams appear to be very good, this early in the season. The original Magic team has picked up two excellent pitchers and has a couple of strong catchers.

The other Magic team, played 16U last year and has some very talented and scrappy players that ended up winning the June Jam in Crossville, this past weekend. They played some excellent teams, ie. Nashville Nighthawks and the Chattanooga Lookouts and won.

If they were to combine the best players from both teams, they look like they could compete in any tournament, east of the Rocky Mountains. Keep an eye on both teams, this season!

More to follow.

This summer the 18U team out of Nashville/Brentwood called the Crush are starting to look like this will be a good team. Still looking for a few girls. Any position especially outfield. Call Lynette Culbreth at 615-776-5323 asap if interested. Thanks!