Congrats to Lipscomb!

hsfball

I just started this thread to say congrats to all Lipscomb softball players on a great season. Everyone on that team played their heart out each and every game. A special congrats goes out to the seniors: Martha Johnson, Megan Rhodes, Katie Watson, and Rachel Webber. These four seniors are four of the best leaders I have seen in any sport since I've been in high school. A close group of seniors can go a long way. Talent can always be replaced in time, but even the best coaches can't teach role models and leaders. These four girls have known each other since elementary school and played summer ball for the longest time finishing it off before junior year by winning the world series. Watching this team the last two or so years has been some of the most fun I have had in high school, and I will really miss it next year. One of the better moments of the tourney was after the heartbreaking loss to Marshall Co. The seniors stayed on the field after Coach Davis spoke to the team. All four got in a huddle with their arms around each other. Their were no coaches, no parents, no players; just Martha, Megan, Rachel, and Katie. There is no telling what they said, and I guess that is between them. It was their last time to all be on a field playing together. Just looking around you could see a lot of people tearing up because these four cannot be replaced, but they will always be remembered. You girls mean a lot to a lot of people. Megan, good luck at UT. I plan on attending a lot of games when you play. Seniors, it has been an honor to be friends with all of you. Thanks for all the fun!!!

Edited by hsfball

Great post. And I concur. I have enjoyed watching these seniors grow into wonderful young women who are wonderful leaders and role models. They leave a legacy at Lipscomb, not only for their wins, which were many, but for their relationships that will last a lifetime. God has amazing things planned for you in your future. Good luck ladies!

Great post hsfball. I agree completely. I also wanted to extend my thanx to all of the softball girls who have played the last few years. Especially this years seniors, what a class. The way you all were soo close is awesome. This was the senior class every coach wants to have. Everyone of yall stepped up big this year. Even though your high school careers are over I know EVERYONE will do great things the next to years. To Megan keep Mista alive and when you fall down get back up, become the great player everyone knows you can. To K Dub, Murda, and RD, dominate the intramural fields like you have high school. Thank you for a great 5 years, and keep in touch.

Yall's #1 fan- AHOP

Edited by khopkins

Congratulations to Lipscomb Seniors Megan Rhodes, Katie Watson, Rachel Webber & Martha Johnson on a remarkable softball career.

5 straight trips to the TSSAA state tournament

2000 Runner-up

2003 3rd place

2004 3rd place

4 TSSAA region 4AA tournament titles

5 straight TSSAA district 8AA tournament championships

4 regular season TSSAA district 8AA titles (all undefeated)

2002 16u NSA World Series Champions

2002 16u ASA State Champion

2001 16u NSA State Champion

2001 16u USSSA State Champion

2000 14u NSA State Runner-up

2000 14u NSA World Series 9th place

1999 14u ASA State Runner-up

1999 14u NSA World Series 13th place

1998 12u ASA South Atlantic Region Championship

1998 12u ASA State Championship

1996 10u ASA State Runner-up

Thanks for the memories!!!