Lee Trembley

crkjon

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He did jump. He opened up at 14'6" and preceded to no-height on three consecutive vaults. He looked like his steps were off, and after talking to his coach, it is my understanding he didn't have the right pole either. He never looked like he could have cleared 9' that day, with the way he was running and planting. He never had it, in my opinion.

But what happened with Brianne Anderson. She long jumped in 1 meet last year and qualified for region, she went to that and qualified for state, but because the softball team was playing she had to choose to play softball instead of jump. I don't think the softball team did as well this year and I figured she'd be jumping for a state title if she got the chance?!

Actually...his winning vault last year was 14"6', this year he came in at 14 and never cleared. It happens.

Actually he outlasted the guy from Bartlett last year. Both cleared 14'6". What Lee did was not stupid, and it is my opinion the way he was vaulting, he wouldn't have cleared 9'. Like I said, his steps were off and you could tell he was shaken after his first attempt. The way I look at it is he was either going to make it for sure or not even close at all. If he had cleared 14'6", 16' was his. I'm confident of that.

Guest kenwoodrun

I'm not much of a vault or jumps coach, but I do remember watching the 1992 Olympic Trials, and watching on TV a guy they were called the "world's greatest athlete"...Dan O' Brien...an enormous favorite for the decathlon gold...no height in the pole vault. On his opening height. And it wasn't like he came in at any thing crazy, it was like 13' which was in his normal range. He took a zero, missed the Olympics and watched at home like the rest of us. So crazy stuff can happen to you in the vault, that's for sure.

Still, I would never let a kid wait to come in until 14' unless they were consistently going 16'. In any event, he's got plenty of good vaulting days ahead of him.

Still, I would never let a kid wait to come in until 14' unless they were consistently going 16'. In any event, he's got plenty of good vaulting days ahead of him.

HAHA, interesting thing is that I heard at least 4 track coaches say that when it happened. I talked to Maryville's track coach and it was a case of he knew he could do it and had been vaulting well all week. It was just him being out of the groove that day.

I know exactly how he felt. I did it at the region meet. I threw so well in practice all week and just never had that at the meet.

I never caught you at the state meet, Coach. It was interesting putting faces on people, but I never talked to anyone from Kenwood. I saw your 4x200 team run.

Guest kenwoodrun

Then you saw our 4x200 get beat :angry:

Would have been cool to meet you...if you aren't a senior, maybe there will be a next year in Memphis.

Then you saw our 4x200 get beat :angry:

Would have been cool to meet you...if you aren't a senior, maybe there will be a next year in Memphis.

No ....I was able to make it as a sophomore. Two mroe years. I spent most of my time on the fence over at the 100m mark on the track. I was just about everywhere in the morning for the girl's field events and of course over at the old shot put most of the morning of the boy's field events.

Yeah, our 4x2 team got skunked too. I was the alternate on it. I wish I had been able to run it.

Lee isn't coached by the Maryville coach, the Maryville coach doesn't help him make ANY decisions, Lee has a hired coach that also coached his older brother Jeff. In fact, last year when Lee won the state I didn't see him vault in practice...ever. He came occasionally, but all his vaulting practice was at UT, he came to the meets and competed. I think this past year he took a much more assertive roll on the team even running some, which I always wanted to see him do, he is a good athlete.

Lee isn't coached by the Maryville coach, the Maryville coach doesn't help him make ANY decisions, Lee has a hired coach that also coached his older brother Jeff.  In fact, last year when Lee won the state I didn't see him vault in practice...ever.  He came occasionally, but all his vaulting practice was at UT, he came to the meets and competed.  I think this past year he took a much more assertive roll on the team even running some, which I always wanted to see him do, he is a good athlete.

I know that, if you read my post I inferred that. I used to be over at UT at the same time Lee was vaulting.

Edited by BHSfootball