Giles County Football

fbballguru

All-world RB, LB DeAngelo Johnson has the Bobcats ready to roll in this 2004 season coming up in just a few short months. Johnson, rushed for 1500 yards last season despite running behind a makeshift offensive line. With only 4 seniors lost, the Bobcats return basically the same team from a year ago. But the team from a year ago is now a year older and have loads of expierence. I know this is bold, but I predict GCHS makes it to the playoffs for the first time since like 2000.

Any other Giles County fans in the house?

PS - anyone want to chat fantasy baseball/football?

Edited by fbballguru

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man how could you leave out last year's region champs like that. :D No offense to DeAngelo but he's not even the second best back in 5-3A Mr. football finalist Roger Herndon from Greenbrier will help lead another successful season and hopefully bring another title home for the Bobcats. The Bobcats looked good in their spring scrimmage against Portland winning 3-2, alot of people think that the Panthers have a good shot going to state this season. Josh Garza from Sycamore is an incredible athlete and probably the best quarterback I've ever played against, that crazy offense is perfect for him. I haven't heard much about Page this season I know they lost alot in graduation. Marshall Co. hired Sycamore's old head coach as their offensive cordinatior so I'm sure that they'll use that offense and with Marshall's athletes it will be tough to stop. Creekwood should be pretty solid, they didn't graduate very many players, and I haven't heard anything about Mont. Central but that number #17 "I think" is a good player.

Edited by bobcats56

In no particular order: here is the top 4 in the region,

Greenbrier, Sycamore, Page, Marshall Co.

Now, which of these can Giles upset in order to reach the playoffs? At best, I say Giles will be the fifth place team in the region and be on the outside looking in. Even with DeAnglo, However, one man does not win this region nor upset the other four powerhouse teams of the region.

Just my two cents. I don't mean to offend any Giles Co fans. As a fan of this region, I just don't see Giles winning enough games in the region to make the playoffs.

Sacdawg...Taking stab at the b-cats?

Although, you are probably correct about the region. Greenbrier, tough O & D. Sycamore, Offense is for real. Page, Big OL that is all juniors (maybe one senior) with three tough running backs and a traditional tough D that just seems to reload. Marshall Co, only know that they are a traditional talented team on both sides of the ball.

Those four teams will be tough to beat. I'm like you..anxious for the season to begin.

Best wishes to all the teams in Region 5-3A!

No one said it would be easy for Giles County to make the playoffs. They will face a serious uphill battle, but something magical will be happening this year with all sports at Giles County High School.

Oh, and I didn't forget about Roger. He's an AWESOME talent. Imagine him and DeAngelo in the same backfield? Sycamore had a great RB last year as well. Marshall County lost their star RB, Mario Davis, but their QB returns and I'm sure they have some great players still.

Once again it's going to be another CRAZY football year in the region, but I think Giles County may sneak into the playoffs, and it doesn't matter how you get in, as long as you make it.

Richland beats GCHS in any sport? BWAHAHAHAHA!

• 1 month later...