Warren County Football

titanshater

This is not the first time this has been brought up. When will all of you figure it out? This is not like picking which softball league you and your buddies want to play in. The classification is determined by enrollment. Unless Warren County builds another high school (good idea, won't happen), they are stuck at the 5A level. This is not determined by team strength or any other subjective method, only enrollment. By the way, I think your number might be a little low.

we got the student number of 5A, but very few players. i think last fall we had about 30 players, no more than 35 dressing out for the games, thats including freshman dressin out. we had i think 2 or 3 freshman starting, one started both ways for one game. i think all we need though is a spark of 2 or 3 games an the athletes who dont play because of a bad history of football might see its possible to win and might start playing again. from the way spring practice went and some of the passing scrimages have gone this summer, i can see Warren Co. winning 2 maybe 3 and maybe even 4 games this year. ill be a freshman, 45 days till my first game:)!!!!

Guest region4fan

Oakland had 33 players on our team last year. We are in the same region as Riverdale, Blackman,Lebanon and Smyrna. We played Lincoln County, Franklin, and Brentwood Academy as our NON-region games with 33 players! The new high school was built 3 miles down the road and had MORE students than we did last year ! ( a first year school built to ease our over-crowding.) There are 7 high schools in Rutherford County, all 5A except Eagleville.Every one of them have more students than us. ( Riverdale had 100 kids on their team,)

I guess I am trying to tell you that things could be worse for you....you could have our schedule! Get in there and do your best. We gave Lincoln County quite a game in the play-offs, and that was w/o our starting QB.............we also played Riverdale tough. Quantity is good, but quality is what matters.

I think warren county has one real problem, and thats lack of involvement. For the past 4 years I have played we have steadily declined in numbers. Our school does not have the passion to play football anymore. Last year we had atleast 2 or 3 freshman starting by the end of the season. If we can get more players like the WC60 that replied earlier then we will be like the old days. He has the enthusiasm that we need. I just want to give a shout out to him and tell him to keep workin at it and get better. If people see our program turning around then alot more students will want to play.

Guest region4fan

Isn't baseball the big sport there, and basketball? It is hard to compete. Our Basketball and Baseball progrmams are always at the top of the heep, so i understand. It takes dedication to play football. Hang in there, maybe your new coach can turn it all around.

Coach Madewell is an excellent coach, and has the ability to turn the program around, but he can't do it alone. He needs support from the community, school, parents, and most importantly the players. If the players work hard, stay committed to the program, keep the right attitude, and play to win, then lookout region 3, warren county's potential could finally be unleashed! Good Luck Pioneers!

Edited by WC49

Is the Franklin Co. game with Warren Co. Oct. 15 or 22, I think it's one of those 2 dates, and the only one missing from the schedule thing on this site (the freshman don't have a varsity schedule, that's why I'm asking). Oh and I heard that Warren Co. beat Siegel 5-2 touchdowns last week. I can't wait for this fall! 30 Days....