Week 0 Chattanooga Area Poll!

Sequatchie

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy you are speaking of BenHasRisen is MArcus Williams. He is a senior. He started a running back last year. Just to put things in perspective, the kid you're speaking of, Marcus Williams, was the number 3 running back on the initital depth chart of the year. And by no means is that a slam against him! He's a heck of a running back, but that just shows the talent that is ready this year. Instead of TB, MArcus may be playing more FB this year...he's got some size on him! And he will hit you!

thumb After seeing several scrimmages this week and a Jamboree last night I think I have a better idea of what the Top 10 might look like. Although it may still not be correct and not everyone will agree, here is my latest Top 10.

1. McCallie

2. Tyner

3. Soddy Daisy

4. Hixson

5. Ooltewah

6. Boyd Buc

7. Baylor

8. McMinn Co.

9. Red Bank

10. Chatt. Central

My next poll will be out Saturday sometime. Look for it.

thumb

825306050[/snapback]

Well I can't see how anyone can't have Boyd Buchanan #1 there the defending champs and return all most everyone.

Here is my top 10 again and some thoughts about them! Forget everything you saw in a jamboree! It will be alot diffrent this Friday night or next week!

1. Boyd Buchanan = Defending Class A champs! Picked to win Region 3-1A and is the team to beat in the state again!

2. McCallie School = Picked to finish 4th in the Super7 behind power houses MBA, BA & Christian brothers!

3. Tyner Academy = Expected to win reg. 3-2A and be the one of the top 3 teams in 2A on this side of the state with Alcoa & Sweetwater!

4. South Pittsburg = Expected to finish second. I may have them a little high but there young players has looked great with a big time receiver who can't be covered.

5. Rhea County = New winning coach in Hammontree who took Maryville to the state. The caoches in the region voted the Rhea County as the team to beat for the region title!

6. Chattanooga Central = Yes they lost a lot but has one of the better defenses in area led bytwo preseason All-State selections in LB Brent Hayes & DB Lorenzo Meadows!

7. McMinn County = Some may think thats al ittle high for them picked 2nd in the region to Oak Ridge and the only local team in the states top 20 Calls 5A coaches poll!

8. Cleveland = That has beensaid before that Cleveland doesn't have anyone but they always find athletes and players!

9. Ooltewah = The Owls are a 5A school picked to finish 4th or 5th in the region! Remeber I keep in mind what Class a lot of schools are so a below average 5A I would put above a above average 3A like say a Walker Valley that should win there region!

10. Baylor School = Again a Super7 member could probably beat most teams in the Chattanooga area on a givin night!

Now for a team like a Hixson or Brainerd come on Hixson won 4 games last year once over Howard who won 1 game and the other over Brainerd that won 2!games

Well I can't see how anyone can't have Boyd Buchanan #1 there the defending champs and return all most everyone. 

Here is my top 10 again and some thoughts about them!  Forget everything you saw in a jamboree!  It will be alot diffrent this Friday night or next week!

1. Boyd Buchanan = Defending Class A champs! Picked to win Region 3-1A and is the team to beat in the state again!

2. McCallie School = Picked to finish 4th in the Super7 behind power houses MBA, BA & Christian brothers!

3. Tyner Academy = Expected to win reg. 3-2A and be the one of the top 3 teams in 2A on this side of the state with Alcoa & Sweetwater!

4. South Pittsburg = Expected to finish second.  I may have them a little high but there young players has looked great with a big time receiver who can't be covered.

5. Rhea County = New winning coach in Hammontree who took Maryville to the state.  The caoches in the region voted the Rhea County as the team to beat for the region title!

6. Chattanooga Central = Yes they lost a lot but has one of the better defenses in area led bytwo preseason All-State selections in LB Brent Hayes & DB Lorenzo Meadows!

7. McMinn County = Some may think thats al ittle high for them picked 2nd in the region to Oak Ridge and the only local team in the states top 20 Calls 5A coaches poll!

8. Cleveland =  That has beensaid before that Cleveland doesn't have anyone but they always find athletes and players!

9. Ooltewah = The Owls are a 5A school picked to finish 4th or 5th in the region!  Remeber I keep in mind what Class a lot of schools are so a below average 5A I would put above a above average 3A like say a Walker Valley that should win there region!

10.  Baylor School = Again a Super7 member could probably beat most teams in the Chattanooga area on a givin night!

Now for a team like a Hixson or Brainerd come on Hixson won 4 games last year once over Howard who won 1 game and the other over Brainerd that won 2!games

825306336[/snapback]

You are basing this season on last season .... that is not how you do it

wait ...... how about you just dont talk anymore that would be a whole lot better

wait ...... how about you just dont talk anymore that would  be a whole lot better

825306346[/snapback]

You are basing this season on last season .... that is not how you do it

Guys I know a little bit more about this than you think I do! I ain't some HS school kid on here spouting off like some. I have been out of school a while now and have been going to see HS games for 15 plus years! Yes I base a lot on how the teams finished last season what preseason poll doesn't! Have you seen the College preseason polls they are almost exact of last seasons final polls!

One question for you tribeguy. Brandon Diaz had an oppurtunity to play college football? Where at? He was a 5'7 140 pound running back with OK speed. I played against him and he was not that tough. Vestal was an alright running also but where did he get recruited? You boy Jake was an awesome lineman and we both loved hitting each other every time we played. I played at Ooltewah with both Blake Foster and Patrick Flanagan and I think Dewayne is a couple steps ahead of them both. Good luck with your season and keep talking that smack because I love reading it!!! :D