Another Playoff Question

boonebaseballpaguy

Well, I know how the first round is organized, that being said, after the first Friday is done, is there a set format to determine who plays where and who plays who for the second Friday? I mean, the handbook on the TSSAA website dosen't say anything about it... and for that matter, in the subsequent rounds also, it just says that the higher seed (if two teams are in the same region) shall be the host school, and the procedure is rotated on odd-numbered years.

I'm just really confused and hope somebody can help!

:D

Well, I think it's something like this: The first three rounds pit two regions against each other (Reg. 1 vs. 2, 3 vs. 4, 5 vs. 6, and 7 vs. 8). That means you have eight teams, four from each region, facing off in the first three rounds. The first round is hosted by the higher seed, and the following rounds have a designated host, unless two teams from the same region play each other, which means the host team is the higher seed. Your semifinal games pit the teams that come out of those first three rounds, meaning the winner of the Region 1-2 matchups faces the winner of the Region 3-4 games, and the Reg. 5-6 winner plays the 7-8 winner. The TSSAA doesn't really say it (maybe b/c they don't want to admit that it's similar to the Kentucky format), but the first three rounds could be called the Sectional. ..... I think. ;)