The Maryville Dynasty

Dumbpost99

Ron, do you honestly think that with this "noble" post you will be able to slay the "dragon" (trash talk)...  Trash talk is what creates fans, it creates rivalries...  If every athlete, every coach, and most imortantly every fan didn't boast their team from time to time, what would we have in sports today??  Every player willing to except defeat, and embrace their opponent??  Personally, i would absolutely hate if that were to happen.  In most sports, take High school football, one team is crowned state champions, but to win that title they must defeat another great team.  Without that other team being furious of their loss, without their fans being furious at the other team for defeating their own, where would that fire buring within come from?  Sure there is a thrill for receiving that golden ball, or that glorious ring(I have a few), but I can tell you that none of those prizes drive the sole on.. It's that thrill of defeating your opponent and sending them home, it's the inner desire to compete and destroy your opponent.  But every time you win, your opponent gets angrier, their fans get more steamed up, eventually resulting in a broad assortment of pranks, trash talk, and one heck of a game and season...  Without trash talk where would those thrilling games we watch every friday night be??  Jerry Thompson says every year to all the classes, "Where would we be if we couldn't play Heritage, or Alcoa, or WB."  We would be playing ourselves...how fun - But the real question is "what type of competition would we have if we just admired and respected their abilities...?"  Their would be no upsets, no last second greats, none of this, without the guys "with the helmet on" cheering their teams on or screaming insults across the field... No fans = No Games

So I solute the trash talker....  Trash talk away....

825323525[/snapback]

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ron, do you honestly think that with this "noble" post you will be able to slay the "dragon" (trash talk)...  Trash talk is what creates fans, it creates rivalries...  If every athlete, every coach, and most imortantly every fan didn't boast their team from time to time, what would we have in sports today??  Every player willing to except defeat, and embrace their opponent??  Personally, i would absolutely hate if that were to happen.  In most sports, take High school football, one team is crowned state champions, but to win that title they must defeat another great team.  Without that other team being furious of their loss, without their fans being furious at the other team for defeating their own, where would that fire buring within come from?  Sure there is a thrill for receiving that golden ball, or that glorious ring(I have a few), but I can tell you that none of those prizes drive the sole on.. It's that thrill of defeating your opponent and sending them home, it's the inner desire to compete and destroy your opponent.  But every time you win, your opponent gets angrier, their fans get more steamed up, eventually resulting in a broad assortment of pranks, trash talk, and one heck of a game and season...  Without trash talk where would those thrilling games we watch every friday night be??  Jerry Thompson says every year to all the classes, "Where would we be if we couldn't play Heritage, or Alcoa, or WB."  We would be playing ourselves...how fun - But the real question is "what type of competition would we have if we just admired and respected their abilities...?"  Their would be no upsets, no last second greats, none of this, without the guys "with the helmet on" cheering their teams on or screaming insults across the field... No fans = No Games

So I solute the trash talker....  Trash talk away....

825323525[/snapback]

this just might be the best post ive ever seen in my life. i trash talk constantly, and i love this post, rebelron, i see you got the point seeing as how you didnt reply to this post.

Trash talking is great...it makes sporting events that much more exciting. This only if it is kept reasonable. All the great athletes in history were great trash talkers, but they knew how to do it and didn't take it too far. I love the post were people trash talk. It is just were people bring up dumb stuff that happened in the past and try and use that. Keep the trash talking up