Knoxville AAA basketball 2004-05

clipper

Karns is also the team that undercut a Clinton player's legs during a layup at the District tourney and put  him out for the rest of the season.  We shall see if he can still play even yet.

Karns is also the home gym who's student body yells racial slurs at the players and the school adminstrators or security do nothing to stop it.

Karns is also the home gym that routinely throws out opposing team score keepers, fans, coaches, etc., for whatever reason.

Karns could win a state championship and not have my respect until they clean up their act !  Maybe that will happen this year.

825415485[/snapback]

I have been to many games at Karns and I do not recall ever witnessing what you are describing. Coach Henson does a pretty good job out there and he has always been a class act. I know that somebody from Clinton is not in here complaining about a lack of discipline.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree that karns has a lot of disipline problems. I don't know if it is the coach or the administration but something needs to change over there. It is ridiculous for them to get away with some of the things that they get away with. And if you think that Karns is the best team in the state you got something coming when they don't even make it out of the district tournament to advance to the regionals.

i'm not saying that we will win state, but we are the best team in knoxville, all these clinton fans are stuck on last year well it's a new year and you got nothing clinton will not beat us once this year, and anyone who doubts us we will prove them wrong. This year karns is for real, and as i recall clintons fans are pretty wild to and why would our fans call out racial slurs when we have black people on tha team, sorry buddy but u dont u have no idea what u are talking about.

I'm not even from clinton and don't care what you said to them all i know is that Karns is not even the best team in Knoxville and you can talk all you want and say your for real, but your not that good. You have one player in Jody Fersner, but as we saw last year one player can't do it all for you.

I agree with those who think that 3AAA will be very competitive. With Borum going to Halls, that will really help them because he's a decent 2 man. They already have a good point guard in Camoran Sharp. Powell will be very big this year with five guys 6'4" or taller. Powell has a talented but young backcourt. I know Clinton has lost a lot, but they are always pretty good. Karns is the team getting talked up a bunch. I really like Fersner. If he plays defense, he could be a Division I player. Oak Ridge I know nothing about, and I'm not hearing much about them. Campbell County is going to have to show me something because they've been pretty bad since around 1994, when they had a heck of a team.

825414449[/snapback]

Four 6'4" or taller? I know lee is 6'6", Roach may be 6'4", but I'd say Ward is sititng at a steady 6'3" unless he has grown, who is the 4th?

But I do agree that Powell's backcourt has grown up and Hargis is a year older now. I just want to know who will be filling Cody's spot at the 2, Conner? Addis is a one guard, maybe they could slip him down.

I would love to see Migi at the 2, he is one of the best defenders i have seen. What do you think the starting 5 will look like mocs, 3ball?

we beat FULTON AND A-E this summer without jody and they had all of their players, so dont tell me u cant play defense and beat those teams, we have at least 7 or 8 people on this team that can score double digits. but no one gives us respect but that ok cause we like it like that cause out success will be that much sweeter. We will see if u all talk all this crap once season starts.

we beat FULTON AND A-E this summer without jody and they had all of their players, so dont tell me u cant play defense and beat those teams, we have at least 7 or 8 people on this team that can score double digits. but no one gives us respect but that ok cause we like it like that cause out success will be that much sweeter. We will see if u all talk all this crap once season starts.

825416598[/snapback]

So their are no AE or Fulton football players that are playing basketball this year? Find that kind of akward

i'm not saying that we will win state, but we are the best team in knoxville, all these clinton fans are stuck on last year well it's a new year and you got nothing clinton will not beat us once this year, and anyone who doubts us we will prove them wrong. This year karns is for real, and as i recall clintons fans are pretty wild to and why would our fans call out racial slurs when we have black people on tha team, sorry buddy but u dont u have no idea what u are talking about.

825416352[/snapback]

Pretty strong comments/guarantees; but, you've got to like someone with confidence. Good Luck to Karns.

Until someone proves differently Bearden, A.E., and Fulton are the best around K-town.

Karns can score for sure. Do they have enough balls to go around for all of those scorers or will desention raise its ugly head? Will they play any d? If you want respect you got to earn it.

Powell has added some help in the post. Guard play will be a question. Good talent lacks experience.

O.R. although not real familiar with this team they usually have something in store for the rest of the league. Look for them to be at or near the top.

Central unfortunately may be worse than last year. At least last year they had a proven player. They are going to have a good tournament Thanksgiving week.

Halls has the best point guard in Knoxville and one of the best in E. Tn. They have potential to be decent.

Clinton lost a lot. Time will tell.

Until someone proves differently Bearden, A.E., and Fulton are the best around K-town.

Karns can score for sure.  Do they have enough balls to go around for all of those scorers or will desention raise its ugly head?  Will they play any d?  If you want respect you got to earn it.

Powell has added some help in the post.  Guard play will be a question.  Good talent lacks experience.

O.R. although not real familiar with this team they usually have something in store for the rest of the league.  Look for them to be at or near the top.

Central unfortunately may be worse than last year.  At least last year they had a proven player.  They are going to have a good tournament Thanksgiving week.

Halls has the best point guard in Knoxville and one of the best in E. Tn.  They have potential to be decent.

Clinton lost a lot.  Time will tell.

825418374[/snapback]

Good point bigcatt, typically it is the Bearden's Fulton's and AE's making the most noise. District 3AAA does seem to be stronger this year though. If I had to guess about Powell's starting five, I'd say Hargis, Connor, Addis, Roach, and Ward. When Smith comes back from football, he will battle with Roach for that spot. Roach seems to be hungrier than in the past. He needs to be more physical. I understand that Huber, Thrower, and McGaha are also going to play when football concludes. If TC Dinkins will put on some weight he could help at the 2 guard. He has a very nice jumper.