Cleveland Blue Raiders

clevelandblueraiderfan

Are the 2004 Cleveland Blue Raiders better than advertised or are they rated just where they should be?? Before this season started there were alot of questions to be answered about this years team. They Blue Raiders opened the season with a hard fought loss to State Runner-Up Morristown-West. Cleveland's Offense scores an average of 15 points per game while the defense is giving up only 5 points per game in the last two games and 10.3 points per game total. The Blue Raider D is extreamly quick and lead by senior linebacker Brandon Brown. They Blue Raiders went up to Hixson on Sept. 3 and shut down the Wildcats, they come out of that came with a 13-7 win, only giving up 46 yards. Then, its the big game Sept. 10, 2004 at Benny Monroe Stadium, after i listend to all of the McMinn Fans talk their trash on CoachT and i thought back the past 2 years when McMinn had beatin us. I thought about that old 18 game winning streak we had against the Cherokees(even though i wasnt't alive during that time), when our coach was Benny Monroe and there coach was Tom Mullinax. There was alot of things going threw my mind at this time. I thought about the 1-2 record we would have if we lost this game i thought bout McMinn if they won would have won the last 5 out of 6 games against my Mighty Blue Raiders...I thought about those 3 state championships and how long would it be before we got another one. And then, after all of that 7:30 came around..it was time for kickoff. After the Final Buzzer went off i looked at the score board and i seen that McMinn 5 years of domination was over...McMinn only score was a field goal as they had lots of drives inside the 20 yard line but didn't get anything out as The Blue Raiders Defense locked down once again...Next week The Raiders take on the Red Bank Lions at Benny Monroe Stadium. I leave you with this question: Are The Blue Raiders better than advertised?

Cleveland is a good football team but I wouldn't say that McMinn football is going down hill McMinn hasn't played to their potential the past 2 Friday night's McMinn's defense did a very good job against Cleveland take away 2 plays and Cleveland might not have scored. However, they did score and beat McMinn and I give them credit for that.

Although, McMinn is a very young team too and once all of the young players get the butterflys gone and gain some confidence I believe McMinn will be a better football team than everyone has seen the past 2 Friday nights

Cleveland is doing great this year so far, I wish the best towards the team. They have alot of talent and speed on the field that makes them who they are. They are advertised GOOD, some teams are over rated like RHEA. Cleveland will beat them and we all know that. Last year was BRAWL, this year is going to be different. Go Raiders!!!!!!!!!!

P.S : Lavonte Barber rushed for 5yds with 3 Attmps in there opening game agaisnt Memphis.....

First, let's not get to excited about the Cleveland Blue Raiders just yet...the season is still young and there is still a whole lot of football left to be played. As a Cleveland Alumni I was not too impressed with the play of our team. The Cleve/McMinn game to me was rather "sloppy". It was sloppy on both teams. Fumbles, careless penalties was the "eyesore" that stood out. The defense played pretty well with loads of room for improvement. I do realize that some of the players were playing injuries and our roster doesn't provide enough depth to get some needed rest. Our offense has to depend upon a young signal caller. And our running backs are capable of running the ball very effectively. But before we can say that Cleveland is a great team we need to remember that we are in a very weak region. In order for this team to flourish and be considered very good, the team needs to hang about 28-35 pts. or more on the scoreboard. There is no "superstar" on this team this year which could make Cleveland that much more dangerous in the upcoming weeks in the season and post-season. But the one thing that I also saw was the fact that one of the speedsters for Cleveland will not turn up into the hole. He 90% of the time tries every time to bounce it out to the outside. The offensive line to me is not staying with their blocks long enough to really open the holes for the backs. One in particular is the right tackle. He stands around more than 70% of the time. Also, the playcalling is still uncertain. I would not have called a "reverse" with 2:00 minutes to go in the game. I would've been a little bit more conservative and tried to holding onto the ball. I really don't think the team has had time to "gel" and come together. But don't get me wrong, I still think that there is alot of talent on this team and they could do some big things if they all come together.