Is Unaka The Next Cloudland?

ChrisBurr555555

i believe that will take a little bit of time chris....as much as I would love to hear that. If unaka can continue to win games and build themselves up, youll continue to see it get more and more successful and might actually see some of the other atheltic boys come out from the other sports, such as basketball. If that happenes, Unaka will start to be a force to reckon with on down the road. I believe that the ball has started to roll up on the Creek and pretty soon we'll back to where we can play the Valley and Hampton again. Just take it one step at a time and we'll see how far it can go

I know Unaka had some down years, but everybody is talking as if Hampton destroyed them every time they played. I agree the score could have been more lop-sided, but J.C. Campbell has never ran the score up on an opponent. I was really disapointed when Unaka dropped the Dawgs from their schedule; I believe that every county team should have to play each other during the season, and this includes HV and Cloudland. I understand the rangers' way of thinking, but Hampton and Unaka have a long history in football. I'm glad to see that Hampton will be dropping down to single A next year, and we can resume this tradition.

It will be interesting in the watauga (is that what it will be called) next season, as Hampton, cloudland and unaka are all young teams.

How about a Hampton/Elizabethton matchup :D

yes it will be very interesting to see how next year goes....if unaka can keep the kids out and in the weight room, there should be some good games to see unlike in the past where unaka was undermatched. So if everyone keeps up the good work, we can look forward to seeing some good even matches instead of a thrashing. Plus, overall, we can start to represent region 1 a little bit better. and as far as the tradition of goes, I know unaka and hampton have a great rivalry, but they havent won that many games against hampton to call it an actual rivalry. But looking forward to it if Unaka continues to improve

I dont know how you even compare unaka to cloudland, over the last ten or fifteen years cloudland has been in my opinion the most dominating 1a schools in the state. they put fear into their oponetts.nobody ever wants to play a game on "The Mountain". they have a new coach this year and that might take a little getting used to, but by next year they will be back to being the same ol cloudland, and putting fear back into little unaka.

• 2 weeks later...