Sequatchie County 22

Sequatchie

Sequatchie County = 22

Tellico Plains = 6

Tellico lead 6-0 at the half but I think Sequatchie Co. held them to minus yardage in the 2nd half? :(

I think it took a while for the Indians to wake up after last weeks heart breaker as well as getting ready to play this game last night until around noon and then not having any school today took them a while to get into the flow of the game but the came alive the 2nd half!

Edited by Sequatchie

Doesn't anyone want to talk about the game? :lol:

825346855[/snapback]

I am just happy that we got our heads out of our toe and showed up for the 2nd half. I was getting a little worried there for a minute! I knew that we have a great coaching staff (even though he's a Va. Tech fan) :D I love to see the boys actually enjoying playing football again and having fun doing it. Both coach's and players. Can't wait to see what we do against S.P I know the boys can play and if they play like they know how I think we have S.P

Sequatchie has a good team, but they didn't hold Tellico to minus yardage the second half. If you remember Tellico completed a long pass and was on Sequatchie's 5 yard line. Sequatchie did a good job of keeping Tellico out of the endzone then as score was 14-6. Just be glad Tellico's best player was out with a concussion or it might have been a different result. They also were missing their kicker and punter. Man, what a difference a year makes, Sequatchie drilled this team a year ago. Is Tellico that much better or is Sequatchie down? I would like to think our Bears are that much better. They start mostly sophomores and juniors, so I am really looking forward to next year. Congrats Indians and good luck the rest of the year.

Sequatchie has a good team, but they didn't hold Tellico to minus yardage the second half. If you remember Tellico completed a long pass and was on Sequatchie's 5 yard line. Sequatchie did a good job of keeping Tellico out of the endzone then as score was 14-6. Just be glad Tellico's best player was out with a concussion or it might have been a different result. They also were missing their kicker and punter. Man, what a difference a year makes, Sequatchie drilled this team a year ago. Is Tellico that much better or is Sequatchie down? I would like to think our Bears are that much better. They start mostly sophomores and juniors, so I am really looking forward to next year. Congrats Indians and good luck the rest of the year.

825348281[/snapback]

I thought Tellico came out in the first half ready to play and Sequatchie didn't. No Seq. is not down this year, Tellico ate the clock up in the first half and had a good game plan While Seq. was not executing theirs. Good game for Tellico Plains, but the question I have is when Tellico was driving the ball in the second quarter by just running it why did the coach decide to throw it on first down and the incompletion put Tellico in a hole and the game momentum turned from that point in my eyes? Good luck to Tellico Plains the rest of the year.

Good point about the pass, I guess the coach wanted to get a quick one. Still, it went right throught the receiver's hands so I guess it also comes down to making plays. Sequatchie made more and therefore won. I also thought our Bears looked tired in second half, depth is a major concern. It might even be a bigger factor when we go to AAA next year, playing larger schools and all.

825348281[/snapback]

They might not of held them for minus yards total in the half but they may have rushing. Here are some official stats!

First downs

Tellico = 11

Sequatchie = 15

-------------------------

Rushing-Yards

Tellico = 43-86

Sequatchie Co. = 36-241

---------------------------

Passing

Tellico = 72

Sequatchie Co. = 88

---------------------------