FACS or Rosemark

Intlpilot

I check Benedict's regular season schedules from the past three years, when have you ever played Benedict?

825394200[/snapback]

FACS played St Benedict for a quarter in the jamboree this year so that is why it is not on the schedules. THe score in the jamboree was 10 to 7 for the quarter. They don't play them in a regular game.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FACS DId play them dude, we did not play them.  Get out of the conversation when you don't know what you talking about.

825394296[/snapback]

Urbankit, you have got to relax, man. Neither tssaa or coacht lists "jamboree" results because jamboree scores don't count. I know some teams who don't even play their starters in jamboree games. And yes, I believe Benedict did play their starters in the jamboree. Sorry about confusing who posts for FACS and Rosemark. I guess I should apologize because I do not know where every single poster on this sites plays.

By the way, I think with the way that the FACS school and football programs are growing "neighborhhod" games against Benedict and ECS would be fun and draw great gates. Wether FACS wins or loses, I think FACS would start getting a lot more respect from the bigger schools around the city. The new schedules for the next two years should be made this winter.

Yeah I know bout the jamboree not being on schedules and bout the game usually not being played the way it normally is cause nobody wants anybody to see what they got but i was lettin you know they didnt play them in regular games - just jamboree. But i agree that some local teams that are in div 11 aa should be fun to play and would draw lots of people. FACS is here in town and they should continue to get students and climb in enrollment with their new facility. TRA is not in town and is getting new facitlities but it will be several more years before all is complete so we most likely will not grow as much until they have those ready and also will not grow as much until more growth moves out of city which is happening every yr more and more. don't know what our coach, since he is new and all , will schedule for next yr. but i hope it is some better teams out of div 1 A and maybe some div 11 AA but i don't know cause he hasn't said. He came from NC and didn't know anything bout our area and divisions until he got here in late July of this yr so hes learned a lot too. I think more teams will be in Div 11 A next yr but mostly from the middle or east is what is being added - not around here. The decision to stay in Div 11 A was made before he got here so I don't know if he would have wanted to move to Div 1A or not but it don't matter cause we are there now anyways.

FACS lost to trinity when they scored on like an 80 yd reverse. Half of Facs team is hurt, its ridiculous. They started playing trinity without both of their starting corners and the starting MLB. On offense they started without their 1st TB and TE. In the 3rd quarter last night against Trinity, FACS' 1st QB either sprained his MCL or tore it, they aren't sure yet. Most of the players should be back for the playoffs, I don't know about next week for Rosemark but definently for playoffs.

Hope Booker did not tear MCL. If so he might be out for Basketball too for a while and that is his best sport. I know what injuries does to a team because our best running back got out at first of season, then one of our starting linebackers, and then several more also that started or contributed in a lot of ways. We have been without them for most of the season and it has been hard. With all of them well we would not have lost a game I don't think but it just didn't turn out that way. Injuries to major players can turn a season sour real quick. This weeks game will only determine home field advantage. We'll keep Booker in our prayers for no tear - let us know how he is. Our guys that got hurt during first of season are all out for season. 2 of them already had surgery, others still going to doctor so they not coming back. When we play, I hope all that can be well, is well so that the game is good and even.

We won against Zion. They had one real good guy named Montez. He was player of the week AP poll they said last week or two. Refs were horrible during game but that is becoming usual event I think. Most everybody on team got to play some and one of our RBs had his best game of the season I think. He was pumped and did outstanding job last night. Drew was good as usual but we ran more than passed last night and running attack was good. Nobody got hurt so that was good. Kelly did good job of kicking field goals since Dixson got hurt last week. His MCL has partial tear. He was our latest injury. Good game overall and it was Zions last game. Field was nice since it is a park commision field that all teams share in Columbia. It was 3 am when we got home though cause long way and foggy.

Yeah Tipton-Rosemark is a great program. I'm glad to see my alma mater playing them. I was at the game for the second half last night and I will say I haven't seen a better player play this year than their QB #10 and ZCA has played Mt. Pleasant who is perhaps one of the top three in DIV I A. He is really athletic and a smart player. I did notice their team being a bit smaller than last years.

I think they're working on getting their own field. It's just so convenient playing there b/c it's just right down the road and it is a nice place to play.

Edited by stephenzca