Gordonsville @ Monterey

xplay20

To much tradition. Gordonsville wins big.

825365399[/snapback]

I keep on hearing this, TRADITION! What exactly do you mean by too much tradition, G-ville will win, what does tradition have to do with it? NOTHING! I mean, i agree, i think g-ville will win, but what does it have to do with tradition? If tradition won you ball games, Notre Dame and Alabama would not ever lose a football game! If tradition had anything to do with it, Tennessee wouldnt have gotten there buts beaten off by Auburn! If tradition had anything to do with the present performance of a team, why would we even play the season, because based on tradition we would know who is going to win the state title! It is great to have a great tradition at your school, but each and every year, these kids have to work there tails off to keep the winning tradition alive, sometimes they do and sometimes they dont, but they dont win or lose a ball game based on tradition, they win or lose based on their execution! So please, give us all a break on the TRADITION stuff, because sure you may have a rich tradition in football in the past, but that dont mean nothing this season!!! Good Luck To All!!!!!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheesecake, I guess I kinda see your point, yeah they did not play me that much my senior year, but I guess I don't hold a grudge, and when did a coach degrade a player in public there?? I don't ever recall it, i mean we all got yelled at in practice, but all coaches do that. I do have good reason to be upset with them, but I have gotten over it, I will most likely never suit up again. But I have moved on and wish them luck.

825366742[/snapback]

yeah..this past coach did degrade a kid.all kids get yelled at and screamed at,but there is no reason for a coach to degrade a kid for something he is not capable of fixing.we all move on.football is a sport,not a life...

oh...i wish them luck at GHS but i believe the program would be better if there was more seasoned coaches there instead of the ones we have.there is to much politics there,in the sports field and classroom.let's just say...TO MUCH FAMILY IN THE SCHOOL TO RUN THINGS.......

hey...i heard u was going to vol state now.is it true?or r u still at DLU? :justwrestle:

yeah i guess i see your point. I am at vol state, I lost my scholarship at DLU and couldnt afford to go back. who told you i was at vol state. I saw alot of politics in last years squad, wont name names, but i still support the coaches and the team. tell your son i said hey, havent seen him in a while.

I keep on hearing this, TRADITION! What exactly do you mean by too much tradition, G-ville will win, what does tradition have to do with it? NOTHING! I mean, i agree, i think g-ville will win, but what does it have to do with tradition? If tradition won you ball games, Notre Dame and Alabama would not ever lose a football game! If tradition had anything to do with it, Tennessee wouldnt have gotten there buts beaten off by Auburn! If tradition had anything to do with the present performance of a team, why would we even play the season, because based on tradition we would know who is going to win the state title! It is great to have a great tradition at your school, but each and every year, these kids have to work there tails off to keep the winning tradition alive, sometimes they do and sometimes they dont, but they dont win or lose a ball game based on tradition, they win or lose based on their execution! So please, give us all a break on the TRADITION stuff, because sure you may have a rich tradition in football in the past, but that dont mean nothing this season!!! Good Luck To All!!!!!

825366763[/snapback]

You must be from were swanson's from RBS. The only TRADITION you have is losing so when I think of losers I think of RBS. You wouldn't understand why G-ville is going to beat Monterey because TRADITIONALY Monterey is always weak and G-ville is usually always pretty darn tough.

You must be from  were swanson's  from  RBS. The only TRADITION you have is losing so when I think of losers I think of RBS. You wouldn't understand why G-ville is going to beat Monterey because TRADITIONALY Monterey is always weak and G-ville is usually always pretty darn tough.

825367366[/snapback]

When I think of losing I think of a school that loses in every sport...NOW I KNOW YOU CAN'T BE TALKING ABOUT RBS...who does really good in baseball basketball and even softball...but you know winning isn't everything...you know it might be better off for a few school to lose more often...because if they lose it might teach them that they are playing for something other than a title...but as for the football team...they prolly have more heart than any other athlete in that school because they know ppl are going to make fun of them and in my mind that takes a lot...and when I think of losers think of people like you who gets on here and make fun of a team like RBS...there ain't no since of coming on here and putting down RBS like that...I played football there and I don't worry about winning...but when I got out there...I had fun...

Hey son I never once said anything poking fun at RBS. You started it by replying to my post and calling it crap. And I never once made fun of your sports program. As a matter of fact your golf coach Mr. Smith is an old friend of mine from our college days. Some how you .got milk and cheesecake got this whole mess started thinking that I'm from Macon Co. and putting RBS down.That's just not the way it is . So you can get on here and cut me if you want but your just wasting time when you could be posting things that are not CRAP.

You must be from  were swanson's  from  RBS. The only TRADITION you have is losing so when I think of losers I think of RBS. You wouldn't understand why G-ville is going to beat Monterey because TRADITIONALY Monterey is always weak and G-ville is usually always pretty darn tough.

825367366[/snapback]

You maybe old friend with Coach Smith, but you dont have the class that he has by coming on here and poking fun at a school's sports program, which consist of kids that are from the ages of 14-18!!! This is a real classy post from someone who is suppose to act like an adult on here! And as far as going back to Macon Co. show me where i have accused you of being from anywhere in this fine county, you wont find it because i havent said where you were from and quite frankly with the attitude you pack, i dont really care!! As far as the tradition goes, we are simply stating a fact, tradition means nothing once you step between the lines!

If you want to keep calling me out, you go ahead, because you are wasting your time making up things about me, that i havent said! And if you are an old college buddy of Coach Smith, then you should be more mature than to come on a web site and try to poke fun of abunch of teenagers that hit the field every friday night and play there hearts out! Oh well, guess that is just some people for you? Good Luck To All and God Bless!!!!!