Giles County Basketball

wneely

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They better not slip up in region cause they aint makin it if they have to come to Bolivar. If they win, which they should, they should make it to state though cause our region is weak this year. TSSAA needs to change something cause if either one loses in region that puts possibly the 2 best AA teams in the state playin in substate. REPEAT in B-Town!

You're right GCHS didn't make it to state last year. I must have missed the memo that says just because a team didn't make it to state last year means they won't make it this year.

Can you say Bolivar? Put out in substate in 2002-2003, but State Champs in 2003-2004.

• 2 weeks later...

I got to give props to B-town...They got braggin' rights for sure. But Who are you statebound15? If you don't have a gold ball like Bolivar does, then there's nothing to talk about. Wow, this is the welcome to GC ball that I remember..... always trash talking.... I can't help it! Don't bash GC's one and only pride! Neely- Where were you at? I got that memo like a week ago. :unsure: Basketball's back. Go GC.

I don't know about improvement, but he's been working on it...we'll see, but I'm guessing he has. Channing really gets into the game. It's like a different kind of mindset he gets in. #32 Justin Morris is gone. J-mo will be missed, but Steve is my prediction to take his place. I don't know who coach Holt has lined up, but he'll change it if it doesn't work. Go Bobcats.

GCHS has some legit ballers. Super Sophomore Tryce Nelson could have started on any team in the land last year, but Coach Holt doesn't usually play freshman so he was forced to JV/Freshman games where he dominated. Not saying much I know but this GCHS team featues Nelson and Zach Roberts, both of which helped lead Bridgeforth Middle School to the James C. Haile Invitational Title two seasons ago.

Senior Corey Perry will be the wild card this year, he has a great game, especially on down low and on the glass. Very strong.

Senior Michael Hayes couldn't make the team last year, but figures to be a key player this year. I have not seen him play personally but his game is pretty good according to the Martin/REC players.

STEVE will decide whether or not Giles County makes it to state. He is so versatile, he reminds me of a skinny Tyler Smith (with better 3-point shooting). He is built similar to Brandon Wright, cept shorter.

I can go on and on but I must leave for Nashville in the morning for the Madden tournament. GC RUN IT!

Tyler will be back this year. Since he already commited to Tennessee, he really doesn't have any reason to.Statebound15- Neely said we had a legitimate chance... Yes we did feel we had a legit chance to repeat last year, but I don't recall myself or any decent Giles county fans saying we would win it for sure. Just because we felt it was possible for us to go all the way doesn't mean we made any claims that's worthy of being rubbed in our face. I'm not mad or anything, I'm just defending my favorite team. I never claimed you said anything about B-town... but if Bolivar wants to talk smack, we don't have anything to argue against except for the upcoming seasons possibilities. They have bragging rights and could say what you said, but it doesn't make sense for you to. Like I said, no hard feelings now, but I will always defend my team and fellow fans.